User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User risk_reversal
(experienced) Wed 27-Dec-17 09:34:51
Print Post

XILO / UNO Switching from ADSL2+ to Fibre

[link to this post]

Merry Xmas to all.

I am currently on the 'old' XILO ADSL2+ C&W LLU service and was considering switching to one of their fibre BB services, 40/10.

UNO have a choice of either BT Fibre or TTB Fibre LLU and I wanted to get an idea of which one I should go for.

In the fist instance one of the reasons that I originally went on the C&W LLU service was to escape the dreaded BT IP profile.

1. I believe that the TTB Fibre LLU will also use IP profiling, given that the DSLAM is in the cabinet.

2. I also wanted to get a feel for the TT LLU service as I am weary of them.

I presume that the TT fibre LLU service uses its own backhaul but is it any different / better than the BT offering.

Lastly, what are these 2 services like at peak times and is one more reliable than the other.

UNO have been a great ISP for me but just trying to get a feel from actual UNO users of these services.

Many thanks for any info provided
Cheers
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Dec-17 19:41:00
Print Post

Re: XILO / UNO Switching from ADSL2+ to Fibre

[re: risk_reversal] [link to this post]

I am on the UNO TTB fibre and no slow downs at peak times I was on ADSL with Xilo and transferred across. Since the cold weather I now get max sync and I have JD Auto Speed tester testing every 2 hours. It very much depends on the backhaul if you see congestion I was also on TTB for ADSL and never had any slow downs but when using BT backhaul before Xilo I saw slow downs at peak times so switched to TTB/Xilo. HTH.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Current Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Dec-17 19:42:38
Print Post

I can also vouch for the almost bulletproofness (a word?) of Talk Talk Business backhaul, I was a Talk Talk Business customer for a while and never had a problem, Its also the Bandwidth of choice for many top ISP's

I am sure you will do just fine smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Wed 27-Dec-17 21:47:09
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the info to both of you.

23Prince said:
I can also vouch for the almost bulletproofness (a word?) of Talk Talk Business backhaul,

Is the Uno TTB LLU 40/10 Fibre Pro product running on the Business backhaul?

Cheers
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Dec-17 22:16:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by risk_reversal:
Many thanks for the info to both of you.

23Prince said:
I can also vouch for the almost bulletproofness (a word?) of Talk Talk Business backhaul,

Cheers

I don't know - but I do know most ISP's tend to use that backhaul.

I am sure from other forums they do - I don't know of 1 ISP that uses the TTR network apart from TTR
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Dec-17 23:27:29
Print Post

If you click on the Info sign next to the Pro products, the first paragraph reads: "Provided using the TTB LLU network, our Fibre Pro packages are available to all exchanges that are enabled for VDSL services and that are on the TTB LLU network."

I'm not sure why you are asking if the TalkTalk Business LLU product is running on the business backhaul. I would have thought the answer somewhat self evident.

Having said that, Uno use Daisy for the provision of their services, so it is a slightly different proposition from the TTB product that 23Prince was on. He is right that many ISPs use TTB for their backhaul services either directly or indirectly, including AAISP, IDNet, Uno, Pulse8.
(experienced) Thu 28-Dec-17 00:40:26
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:

If you click on the Info sign next to the Pro products, the first paragraph reads: "Provided using the TTB LLU network, our Fibre Pro packages are available to all exchanges that are enabled for VDSL services and that are on the TTB LLU network."

I'm not sure why you are asking if the TalkTalk Business LLU product is running on the business backhaul. I would have thought the answer somewhat self evident.

Having said that, Uno use Daisy for the provision of their services, so it is a slightly different proposition from the TTB product that 23Prince was on. He is right that many ISPs use TTB for their backhaul services either directly or indirectly, including AAISP, IDNet, Uno, Pulse8.

jaydub, I did see that originally but 23Prince confused me. Easily done nowadays. Apologies for my stupidity.

All my previous BB ADSL connections on the BT network were all pittas before hence me having migrated to the C&W LLU some 8-9 years ago.

The most important aspects are TTB Fibre LLU performance and reliability.

Cheers

Edited by risk_reversal (Thu 28-Dec-17 00:43:45)

Print Thread

Jump to