User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Apr-18 10:56:07
Print Post

Re: Update

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

YOU need to read more carefully. The screen grab I posted plainly says 'LINE RENTAL INCLUDED' - NOT broadband only. Try Specsavers.

Standard User jdigz7
(regular) Fri 13-Apr-18 12:00:56
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
Read more carefully smile

The screengrab you posted says 'broadband only' can be supplied for £31.80 and their full price list shows all the available options (albeit at different prices).

https://www.idnet.net/data_products/broadband_prices...

In reply to a post by professor973:
YOU need to read more carefully. The screen grab I posted plainly says 'LINE RENTAL INCLUDED' - NOT broadband only. Try Specsavers.

If you read what he said and look at the screenshot... he was merely pointing out it clearly shows below an option of broadband only for a price..

No need to be so abrupt and insulting. Your manner is somewhat like adslmax you see what you want to see and react like a bull in a china shop.
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Apr-18 13:53:03
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

Possibly everything I post being rubbished as if a fool has something to to with it. Your manner is nothing to write home about either when my statement was quite correct. I suggest you look at the link in a reply rubbishing my screen grab and scroll down to the bottom - You will see what is available on a one month contract and SMPF on a LONG contract. I said no more than ' open your eyes' - The EXACT phrase aimed at me, so I hope you will be chastising the fellow in the other corner!

Edited by professor973 (Fri 13-Apr-18 13:55:26)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 13-Apr-18 14:12:41
Print Post

The price list versus the product page are a bit confusing since one suggests

£49.80 for the 80/20 service but the other £41.40 but then you notice the footnote that says and that the price is FROM

"Prices above are based on standard FTTC/40/2 & Phone service with no option features or call charges.

Suspect it may be this that has led down the debate path.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Apr-18 14:21:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Agree Andrew, though the question was if one month FTTC was available. I simply stated it was if they took the line also and available SMPF on a longer contract, so possibly may agree. That said, the link posted back to me seems to show everything available under a 'Broadband only' heading. End of the day off topic a little regarding Enta latency.

Standard User markieb
(newbie) Fri 13-Apr-18 14:35:52
Print Post

Re: Freeola Raised Latency

Two ENTA connections on completely different exchanges in different cities....
Identical latency and packet loss!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

Standard User ferretuk
(member) Fri 13-Apr-18 14:50:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
scroll down to the bottom - You will see what is available on a one month contract and SMPF on a LONG contract.

Where does it say this? The only reference to a 12 month contract is for FTTP. The original page (from which you made your screengrab) says that FTTC Lite and FTTC Unlimited are on a 1 month contract. In the small print it then says that 'broadband only' is an option.

The price list I linked to shows the options available and does not mention a 12 month contract for any of the FTTC Unlimited packages. To be fair though, it doesn't explicitly say 1 month either so slapped wrist to IDNet.

Still, I'll stop trying to help...

AAISP Home::1 Terabyte | IPv4 BQM | IPv6 BQM | AAISP VOIP | ER-Lite Router | Unifi AC-Lite Wifi AP
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Apr-18 14:52:52
Print Post

Re: Freeola Raised Latency

[re: markieb] [link to this post]

Yep - Rob at Freeola has the same on his BQM, so it's been flagged, but Enta seem hard work and not really the place to be at the moment. Glad I posted this here instead of just getting back to my ISP again, as this site has really exposed it as a widespread issue - Congestion caused by Enta business priority!

Standard User ferretuk
(member) Fri 13-Apr-18 14:52:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Correct - I hadn't spotted the 'from' bit when I referred to different pricing - Oops!

The IDNet price list is indeed consistent with their main broadband page.

Edited by ferretuk (Fri 13-Apr-18 16:38:07)

(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Apr-18 14:58:26
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

It is confusing yes. The original question that came up in this Enta latency thread, was did IDNet do FTTC on a one month contract. My screen grab pointed to the fact that they did if you put your line with them also, along with them doing SMPF FTTC (Broadband only) with a long tie-in. Anyway, despite the mess my Enta is in, I have a direction to go to!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to