User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Tue 17-Jul-18 14:29:23
Print Post

Home Move - Simultaneous Phone and BB Provide

[link to this post]

I am struggling to get my BB service moved to a new build property. This will require a new phone line. When the order was placed nearly 3 weeks ago, I was not told of any potential issues and money was paid for the new line and first month of the new BB contract. Yesterday, I was told that OR has categorised the installation as a New Site and they lack routing information despite the address/cabinet being listed on the BT availability checker.

In the space of a day, the OR review date has moved 2 days to the right and the ISP does not believe that the agreed installation date will be achieved. The ISP seems reluctant to chase OR even though I know that adjacent properties on the small development have not have installation problems.

I have spoken to A N Other ISP who has told me that these issues arise from time-to-time with simultaneous provides as without a working phone line there is often a missing BB key. The simple answer to this is to cancel the BB order and then re-instate the order for a few days later. My ISP seems reluctant to go down this path.

Any thoughts/advice?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Jul-18 18:42:13
Print Post

Re: Home Move - Simultaneous Phone and BB Provide

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

If broadband is important make sure you have enough 4G allowance.

Cancelling and changing the way the orders are done at this point can cause more confusion, so it may be best to let what is underway play out.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jul-18 00:22:46
Print Post

If you replace a new order, you will wait longer. It can be weeks to get a new line installed, the ISP is right to follow through on the existing order.

Who is the ISP - it is rare to pay significant new line install fees on all major ISPs (at least if you call). What did you pay?

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 18-Jul-18 00:23:20)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lexden16
(committed) Sat 21-Jul-18 21:26:48
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I have gone down the A N Other ISP route as my present ISP cannot explain why they failed to place the order in late June. My developer has confirmed that all ducts etc are in place and that a site survey has already been signed off for all the properties on what is a very small site by OR. My new ISP has had a conversation with OR (I have the transcript) and OR has agreed to expedite my installation once the follow on survey has been completed. The next report is due on Monday. I may need a dongle for a few days/weeks. A very helpful lady at Vodafone quietly suggested that if I needed a dongle for less than 30 days, I should play the 30 day satisfaction card.
Standard User clivers
(regular) Sun 22-Jul-18 11:32:59
Print Post

Vodafone do 30 day rolling contracts on data sim cards and devices if you look at the Mobile broadband section of the website.
  Print Thread

Jump to