User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User flippery
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Sep-18 13:59:42
Print Post

Pulse8 Broadband Rental Phone increase

[link to this post]

Phone rental increased to £14.40. Caller display has to be included FOC ( Ofcom ruling ).

Phone and Broadband no change to price.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Sep-18 09:45:23
Print Post

Re: Pulse8 Broadband Rental Phone increase

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

So now Caller ID has to be offered for free as per Ofcom rules, all we will see now is providers upping their prices? So not free at all. Seems a pretty pointless ruling by Ofcom
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Sep-18 12:29:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by flippery:
Phone rental increased to £14.40. Caller display has to be included FOC ( Ofcom ruling ).

This isn't just a way of including the caller ID it's a price hike too when wholesale costs have decreased, they have stuck an extra £1.40 on the price,
I wish this government and it's useless quango's would stay out of what they know nothing about,
A similar thing happened with utility companies, some offering their own social tariffs, which where 5-10% less than their cheapest tariff, which thanks to the WHDS was scrapped prices where hiked and the WHDS did not rise enough so those who qualified for help are worse off today because of government meddling

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 16-Sep-18 12:34:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Sep-18 12:52:00
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
This isn't just a way of including the caller ID it's a price hike too when wholesale costs have decreased, they have stuck an extra £1.40 on the price,

They've actually increased.

Line rental increased on 1st September and will again on 1st October. Caller Display increased by over 200% from 45p to 1.44p a year. A number of other features have increased too as of 1st September.

Then you have to factor in taking payments and other costs which means that something has to cover these increases and potential further increases due changes in charge controls on WLR.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User flippery
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Sep-18 13:54:02
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

It only affects line only customers.At their new price it is still a good deal.
My phone with broadband cost has not changed
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Sep-18 16:32:58
Print Post

As uno have said, tommy, not so:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The Openreach price for line rental will be £9.218pm including Vat from 1 October this year. Currently £9.148. (They charge varying amounts in whole pence per month to arrive at that average over a full year).
WLR prices per annum before Vat:-

01/07/2014 - £91.05
01/04/2015 - £89.50
01/04/2016 - £86.72
01/07/2018 - £91.48
01/10/2018 - £92.18

My line rental including caller display has therefore risen by 40ppm. I wasn't aware of the increase in the wholesale cost of caller display, but that is an Openreach ripoff.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68038/12542Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 16-Sep-18 16:36:21)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Sep-18 16:36:26
Print Post

As uno have said, tommy, not so:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The Openreach price for line rental will be £9.218pm including Vat from 1 October this year. Currently £9.148. (They charge varying amounts in whole pence per month to arrive at that average over a full year).
WLR prices per annum before Vat:-

01/07/2014 - £91.05
01/04/2015 - £89.50
01/04/2016 - £86.72
01/07/2018 - £91.48
01/10/2018 - £92.18

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68038/12542Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Sep-18 17:46:01
Print Post

Yea im not having a go at Pulse8 here, just the rulling by Ofcom. Instead of Caller ID being a seperate part of your bill, line rental has increased and its incorporated into that. So its not free at all like Ofcom wanted
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Sep-18 00:23:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
Yea im not having a go at Pulse8 here, just the rulling by Ofcom. Instead of Caller ID being a seperate part of your bill, line rental has increased and its incorporated into that. So its not free at all like Ofcom wanted
plus those who didn't want it any longer have that choice presumably
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Sep-18 00:31:52
Print Post

I don't know that Ofcom have stated it has to be free. They have stated it has to be included at no extra cost to the customer, while increasing the wholesale cost over 200%. A company like Pulse8 that charges very little above wholesale cost and under that if you take their broadband had no choice to pass on the cost. Others will increase the cost just because they can.

Print Thread

Jump to