User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Oct-18 19:26:22
Print Post

NowTV

[link to this post]

Anyone have any experience of NowTV broadband?

After spending weeks trying to get some sense out of Plusnet regarding extending my contract and failing, I have signed up with NowTV.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Plusnet via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 26-Oct-18 19:54:12
Print Post

Re: NowTV

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

There have been a few threads over the last few months. The latest.

I expect you know it is a Sky-based/owned spinoff. Basically giving a cut-down Sky product with a PAYG option. I use Sports day passes for F1 when Channel 4 isn't covering it live.

IIRC most posters have found it satisfactory though maybe one junked it? Also, going from memory again, maybe single-thread performance isn't the best but multi-stream generally OK. My usage on F1 I'd say isn't perfect as it can occasionally buffer but that may sometimes be not their fault. I'd only know if I had Sky at the same time smile, as it is the Sky broadcast.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Mml
(regular) Sat 27-Oct-18 00:07:14
Print Post

They are indeed a Sky-owned service. As per Sky support rep, “the reason it is so cheap is because there is no phone support, all support is online only”.
In fairness, reporting a broadband fault was as easy as logging in to “my account”, running a line test, and once it failed, the site just gives the button to book an engineer - and he came the very next morning. The downside - engineer is booked ASAP and no way to choose date/time is offered.
Speed wise, I don’t think they’re limiting bandwidth in any way. They’ve got to run a TV service down that broadband connection, after all.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-Oct-18 00:14:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

Couldn't and still can't find any threads with search, but as I was happy last time I was with Sky ......."nowtv" != "now tv" wink

Previously - Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
===========

Edited by hk11 (Sat 27-Oct-18 00:25:49)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-Oct-18 00:23:07
Print Post

[re: Mml] [link to this post]

No phone support isn't bad really. Plusnet seems very limited ITR now anyway. wink

Don't know what you'd do if broadband went completely though?

===========
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 27-Oct-18 00:42:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by hk11:
"nowtv" != "now tv" wink
Oh yes it does! smile.

Also see here.

Edit: I just realised what you mean by !=. You are drawing a distinction between the PAYG streaming service over any old ISP, and the monthly contract service running on Sky backhail and routers. In that respect, fair enough.

Edit: “backhail” should be “backhaul”.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 27-Oct-18 09:36:43)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-Oct-18 06:12:13
Print Post

Sorry, I thought that was a term most on here would understand. https://www.codecademy.com/en/forum_questions/55f37c...

===========
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 27-Oct-18 09:12:13
Print Post

I don’t know why you find it necessary to but some abstruse out of context quote to explain what you meant, but that appears to be a weird construct and not the one you used anyway.

It certainly isn’t C, which is the way I read it. More like some sort of discussion of illogicality in logic.

The snippet seems to be some sort of test of a constant against itself. You used it as a statement. As in “77 != 23”.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-Oct-18 10:12:13
Print Post

I was simpy trying to explain why I couldn't find any other nowtv posts. I obviously didn't search for two words now and tv. I assume plusnet would be plus and net etc.

===========
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 27-Oct-18 11:06:33
Print Post

Ah smile. It came across as a sarcastic comment about my not understanding “!=“, when I clearly did. But even so, the snippet you quoted is meaningless as it stands wink.

You’d be surprised how many posts there are with the posters using “Now TV”. Before I gave you that original link I had also tried forum searching for the two words, with the default “and” option, but that gives loads of irrelevant answers as it treats it as “either”, not “both” frown.

Try copy and pasting the following into your URL bar:-

site:forums.thinkbroadband.com “now tv”

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 27-Oct-18 11:09:03)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to