User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
  Print Thread
Standard User wuggles
(regular) Mon 11-Sep-06 09:29:47
Print Post

How do I get to talk to someone?

[link to this post]

I have just spent 40 mins navigating my way round PN's impenetrable phone system. It doesn't work - e.g. "press 9 to return to this menu at any time" gets you cut off, depending on where you are.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what combination of keys are required to actually get to talk to a human? I've tried 6 times so far with no success. Every time I think I am getting there I am told to refer to the portal - not much *******ing use if you've not got broadband access at the moment (see below).

All I want to do is ask a simple question about their terms and conditions. I don't have access at the moment (I'm on my neighbour's dial up typing this) because of a BT fault, but I want to migrate and need to check whether I am going to get hit for a penalty because I changed my account 3 months ago (i.e. when I discovered that they'd dropped the price of their
Standard User paulbeattie87
(experienced) Mon 11-Sep-06 10:15:52
Print Post

Re: How do I get to talk to someone?

[re: wuggles] [link to this post]

I think it is option 2, I will update this thread in a few hours with the exact sequence to talk to them.
Standard User ScaryMonkey
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Sep-06 12:02:28
Print Post

I can't help with the telephone sequence but I believe you won't be liable for any financial penalties as you have had your account over a year (and there was no you stay we pay options back in 2002). The only possible thing I can think of that could leave you liable is if you accepted a new 12 month contract when you changed your account to the

Vince

Back on Force9......I get what I expect here.

14 year olds racing cars - see our teams progress at MVRacing.co.uk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User paulbeattie87
(experienced) Mon 11-Sep-06 12:17:09
Print Post

to get to talk to somebody use option 1 then 1 again and then 2.
Standard User wuggles
(regular) Mon 11-Sep-06 12:40:12
Print Post

[re: paulbeattie87] [link to this post]

Thanks chaps, I really appreciate it.

1, 1, 2 it is then (isn't that the number for emergency services hehe?)

Re the contract, you've hit the nail on the head... but I did it over the phone, rather than a ticket (ah those were the days) so there is no correspondence on this whatsoever. Luckily on the "my account" transaction details it shows all my payments without a break since 2002, so I think I'll be ok.

I did raise a ticket this time just to be sure and look forward to receiving my reply in 17+ hours hehe.

Thanks again for your help chaps. I really appreciate it!!
Standard User ScaryMonkey
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Sep-06 12:45:19
Print Post

There should still be some notes on your account as you get to see pretty much all that is written in your account within the help assistant. You might have to look at the closed tickets and then drill down to find any useful ones though.

Vince

Back on Force9......I get what I expect here.

14 year olds racing cars - see our teams progress at MVRacing.co.uk
Standard User buggerlugz
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Sep-06 19:42:43
Print Post

[re: paulbeattie87] [link to this post]

Now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag, they'll change it tommorow.......you just watch.

***Amusing Plusnet Quotes***
"For the record, there is no other ISP managing a Broadband network half as efficiently as us"
Ian Wild, Communications Manager
"One thing that these guys (other ISPs) all have in common is their complete inability in being able to manage a network, which is something that we are totally transparent on and also do totally effectively."
"We've definitely changed our internal processes to make sure human error is far less likely,"
Marco Potesta, Director of Marketing
  Print Thread

Jump to