User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
  Print Thread
Standard User alandean
(learned) Sat 28-Feb-09 13:43:50
Print Post

Connection problems on new £5.99 product

[link to this post]

Just had one of my customers on the phone who I introduced to Plusnet some time ago. They were switched to the new product today and could connect first thing this morning, but not later on., She rang Support and during the phone call the Support guy realized that they had a common problem with this migration type and that there appeared to be a system/process fault.

Just thought I would flag it up here. Not sure how long it will be before Plusnet resolve.
Standard User rsturbolad
(regular) Sat 28-Feb-09 13:49:23
Print Post

Re: Connection problems on new £5.99 product

[re: alandean] [link to this post]

Yes - I had this, they will need to put you back on your original package and schedule the change for your next billing date.

Unfortunately for me it resulted in 6hrs connection downtime, Plusnet insisting it was a fault with BT, and escalating a ticket to them which had to be cancelled; I decided to call Plusnet back after the 6hrs to 'speak to someone different' who spotted the problem straight away and got things working again with 2 minutes!

Hope this helps.
Standard User alandean
(learned) Sat 28-Feb-09 13:56:02
Print Post

Re: Connection problems on new £5.99 product

[re: rsturbolad] [link to this post]

Just spoken to my customer again.

Support had asked them to disconnect router and then when he came back after he realised this was a common problem, he asked her to plug back in and it was working. Whether the dosconnection/reconnection of the router resolved it or whether something was done 'at their end' at the time of the call I do not know.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to