User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Oct-10 13:45:55
Print Post

Don't move to Plusnet - at the moment

[link to this post]

Plusnet have been running a number of campaigns in recent months which have resulted in a significant increase in the number of users (the regular announcements of increased capacity which they do to match increases in the number of users is proof of that).

What is painfully obvious to watchers of Plusnet's Community forums is that there are a lot of people with problems and that the length of time they are waiting for a response is way beyond what is acceptable. Although Plusnet have said they are recruiting more agents it's obvious that they are not up to speed and worse, a lot of duff responses are happening (again seen from many posts on the forums). Time and again we see the Digital Care team saying they will be feeding back to the CSC agents/team managers.

A couple of examples from today of the sort of thing that is happening:

A user was having problems with very slow browsing although speed tests were fine. Saturday it died totally and they have no connection whatsoever. Tuesday he had this response from Plusnet
From looking at our records it's clear to me that reason you have had a decrease in speed is because your connection keeps dropping out. BT's Dynamic Line Management (DLM) will reduce your speed automatically to try get a more stable connection. The only way to get back to a "normal" speed is to stay connected for at least 72 hours without any drop outs.
His connection is still totally dead and he's had no further responses.

Another user is moving their phone to Plusnet from TalkTalk. TalkTalk had the line terminated and they can't get any answer from Plusnet as to when it will be reconnected - even though they have posted to say
If anyone can chivvy my order along please I'd be grateful, as I have a wheelchair user in the house and need to have a working phone line.

No doubt someone will go and find these two examples and get them moving as a result of this post - at the expense of the hundreds of others who's problem investigation will be delayed as a result.

So until Plusnet get support sorted out my advice is to steer clear. If everything goes well it's great, but if anything goes wrong expect to feel like a mushroom (kept in the dark with **** being thrown at you).

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Loon
(member) Wed 06-Oct-10 15:13:08
Print Post

Re: Don't move to Plusnet - at the moment *DELETED*

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron

Edited by Loon (Wed 06-Oct-10 15:14:58)

Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Oct-10 17:28:06
Print Post

Re: Don't move to Plusnet - at the moment

[re: Loon] [link to this post]

Thats a bit strong!
smile Do you think Jelv has an axe to grind? tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Oct-10 17:30:16
Print Post

I think you have been very lucky - as have I - to not have any faults recently.

I've been thinking of making the post for a few weeks. Have you looked at the Your Feedback and Broadband and Routers boards on the Community forums recently?

jelv

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Oct-10 17:33:42
Print Post

Touting for referrals is not welcomed, if it was we'd have the place swamped with then.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mattewan
(newbie) Wed 06-Oct-10 17:34:53
Print Post

I am with plusnet.... and currently have no problems with my line. But, that is because I moved location 3 months ago. When I was having problems previously, it was a nightmare waiting for tickets to get answered.

I have posted on the community forums a few times... and, infact, Jelv has actually posted in some of them, trying to provide information and generally be as helpful as possible.

I too have been looking over the community forums recently, and it is obvious that staff just aren't active there. I cannot comment on the ticket response times as I haven't submitted a ticket recently, but I think jelv is making a fair point.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Oct-10 17:37:49
Print Post

Also:

You might like to read a post I made recently on the Community forums along similar lines. You might also like to note the total lack of a response from Plusnet addressing the issues it raised although they have answered other posts further down the topic.

jelv

Standard User Loon
(member) Wed 06-Oct-10 23:33:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Touting for referrals is not welcomed, if it was we'd have the place swamped with then.

sorry old chap thought it was light hearted. I have given myself a good spanking.
You could of course just deleted that bit but hay ho smile

Rob
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Oct-10 12:30:19
Print Post

Companies with lerger customer bases appear to have more complaints but if the percentages were taken and applied to smaller companies then I expect they are no worse or better than any other comapny. If all those with no problems were to reply to forums then the forums would be in meltdown. It's all a matter of size smile

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Oct-10 19:22:21
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

It's not the number of complaints it's what the complainants are saying that is significant. If support was growing and handling tickets/faults at a rate to match the increase in user numbers we wouldn't see people reporting waits for tickets (about fairly standard issues) to be responded to of several days.

Don't you find it significant that nobody from Plusnet has responded? It's difficult to contradict the truth. Plusnet support is really, really struggling.

jelv

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to