User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 16:37:54
Print Post

Plusnet mislead and lies about market 2/3

[link to this post]

Excuse me plusnet, my mum is retirement OAP, she was charged as market 2 but after I checked samknows and kitz sites here: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker and http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php both saying Market 3 except plusnet site is quite outdated and not updated correctly still on old market 2: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

As my mum shouldn't be charged at £17.99 for market 2 (the sites showing market 3 as of December 2010) and I think Plusnet is lied and conned by refuse to updated latest OFCOM ruled of changing new market 3 come into force from December 2010.

I will going to complaint to OFCOM about this plusnet breaking their promise of lower prices for market 3 but they ain't doing this.

Might consider asking my mum to cancel plusnet if they refuse to put my mum into market 3 pricing.

My mother exchange is Cuckoo Oak curently show market 3 after ofcom updated Dec 2010.

Here is proof by ofcom here: WNCKO on page 63 number 60: There is 100% proof by ofcom for WNCKO on page 60 here stated market 3: http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultati...

Edited by adslmax (Mon 03-Jan-11 16:58:48)

Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 17:15:03
Print Post

Re: Plusnet mislead and lies about market 2/3

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

It seems strange that on the Samknows site it says:

Market 3
Four or more 'principal' operators provide broadband services at this exchange. Service in this area has been deregulated

but the exchange you quote only has TalkTalk enabled for LLU but it shows Market 3 frown

I'm not sure if this will help!

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 17:18:37
Print Post

This was raised in the Plusnet forums and the response was from Mand was
It's worth bearing in mind that these changes haven't been confirmed yet, it's just at consultation stage at the moment.

I can't see us doing anything until it's all confirmed, if that happens.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,9150...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 17:25:17
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

It already been confirmed by ofcom. For god's sake plusnet should have updated it by now! More likely they pure greedy taking my mother extra money!
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 17:49:46
Print Post

Perhaps you should read the actual document before accusing Plusnet
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultati...
Decisions to revoke SMP services conditions

15. Ofcom revokes all the SMP services conditions set out at Annex 1 of the 2008
Notification, and any subsequent modifications to the SMP services conditions set out at
Annex 1 of the 2008 Notification, in accordance with paragraphs 16 and 17 below.

16. Insofar as the SMP services conditions set out at Annex 1 of the 2008 Notification relate
to the markets set out in paragraph 6 above, those SMP services conditions shall be
revoked by this Notification when it takes effect under sections 48(1) and 79(4) of the
Act, unless otherwise stated in paragraph 17 of this Notification.

17. Insofar as Condition EA1 of Schedule 1 to Annex 1 of the 2008 Notification or Condition
EA7 of Schedule 2 to Annex 1 of the 2008 Notification apply to exchanges that for the
purposes of this market review fall within Market 3 and insofar as these Conditions relate
to the provision of Network Access to a Third Party which is an existing wholesale
broadband access customer of BT, these Conditions shall be revoked by this Notification
on the day which is one year from the date on which it takes effect under sections 48(1)
and 79(4) of the Act.
The relevant exchanges are set out in Appendix 4 to this
Notification. For the avoidance of doubt Conditions EA2, EA3, EA4, EA5 and EA6 of
Schedule 1 to Annex 1 of the 2008 Notification and Conditions EA8, EA9, EA10, EA11
and EA12 of Schedule 2 to Annex 1 of the 2008 Notification, insofar as they relate to
Market 3, shall be revoked by this Notification when it takes effect under sections 48(1)
and 79(4) of the Act.
The part in bold indicates that the removal of conditions which allow BT Wholesale to reduce the costs comes into effect 12 months after the date it is announced or perhaps a little later since I haven't checked the wording of the Act
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 18:07:33
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

So, is that mean my mother had to wait until December 2011 for the market 3 pricing ? Why wait for 12 months, it totally stupid.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 18:33:43
Print Post

Presumably the intention is to give the LLU operators time to adapt since the change affects other things as well as the prices BTw can charge.
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Mon 03-Jan-11 18:41:35
Print Post

Well my exchange is Market 3 according to Kitz's site, but not according to Plusnet.

My exchange on Sam Knows says there's no LLU. BT are there (obviously). Sky too iirc, and Virgin too.

That's three.

The question for me is, is Kitz's site accurate in my case? Until I establish that, I can hardly progress further.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011 - Quote this post and I'll sue.

report this link

Edited by camieabz (Mon 03-Jan-11 18:59:42)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Jan-11 20:19:20
Print Post

Remember one thing: Plusnet's reduced charge for Market 3 reflects the reduced charge they have to pay BT Wholesale for the Market 3 exchanges.

As it is still at the consultation stage, and BT Wholesale haven't yet reduced the charges that the ISPs have to pay them, why the hell do you expect Plusnet to reduce the charge to their customers?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jan-11 23:16:10
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

If it say market 3, plusnet MUST reduce the price, it got nothing to do with bt wholesale charge! Plusnet is no way get away with it by ripped the customers off by extra £5 more on the market 3 exchange lists.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to