User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Fri 14-Jan-11 15:39:35
Print Post

Custom-built broadband

[link to this post]

I feel Plusnet might be missing a trick.

Basically you have three or four varieties.

Gamer, Heavy user, Light User, PAYG.

What about those of us who might want a few features but less drawbacks?

For example, the Pro limit is 20GB. Due to the Internet's sites growing my BB usage had grown with it. I'm now averaging 20-25GB pm, so Pro is out (but I would like the traffic prioritisation, especially as I have a good connection. The heavy user is 60GB (more than double my usage), but is shaped, or less prioritised. I can't get 832 upload speed unless I go 'business', but its shaping is more like value or extra.

So...if I trade in 30GB of my limt, can I get Pro prioritisation and 832K uploads please? smile

Or on a serious note, would it be a terrible thing if customers had the three or four choice, but also could pick a basic package and add features.

Oh, and regarding the 832K upload speeds, is it at all possible to have some sort of burst test done just to see if my router will handle that? The original spec is rated at 640K, so not sure what it might achieve.

Good Honest Customer Suggestions from Scotland. wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Message to the mods:

Don't you hate it that you can't disable sigs? Ha Ha!

© Camieabz 2002-2011

report this link
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jan-11 17:10:30
Print Post

Re: Custom-built broadband

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Plusnet already offer 30GB per month with Pro optimisation from £26.49 (£32.99 if on Market 1 with no competition). What's more if you actually use less than 25GB they reduce the price by £5 and a further £5 if it falls below 20GB.

Faster upload is available for free on I think any account if you are on 21CN.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jan-11 19:03:05
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Plusnet already offer 30GB per month with Pro optimisation from £26.49 (£32.99 if on Market 1 with no competition). What's more if you actually use less than 25GB they reduce the price by £5 and a further £5 if it falls below 20GB.

Faster upload is available for free on I think any account if you are on 21CN.

What does this state coming from ? It never metion here: http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/pro.shtml

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jan-11 20:19:26
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

That was a trick reply really. You can add extra usage to any current Plusnet product at £5 per 5GB or part thereof (older products have different rates) - see the information below table 5 on this page. I just added £10 to the standard Pro prices.

(And before you comment we moaned like crazy when they changed it from £1 per GB to £5 per 5GB)

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 14-Jan-11 23:23:23
Print Post

SA wink

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User 4M2
(member) Sat 15-Jan-11 00:29:44
Print Post

I never got a £5 price reduction on a pro account when my day time & evening usage was less than 20GB - is this a new thing or what? And what's this "optimisation" plan?

Actually Market 2 can also be at the higher tariff...

Sorry misread your post, guess you are saying: £16.49/20GB + £10/10GB then - £5/5GB and - £5/5GB = £16.49/20GB - that's some "optimisation" LOL!

Edited by 4M2 (Sat 15-Jan-11 00:51:04)

Standard User camieabz
(legend) Sat 15-Jan-11 00:59:10
Print Post

Well I have 30GB here to sell for £30. smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Message to the mods:

Don't you hate it that you can't disable sigs? Ha Ha!

© Camieabz 2002-2011

report this link
  Print Thread

Jump to