User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ppppenguin99
(regular) Wed 09-Feb-11 08:56:08
Print Post

Email notification of ticket updates

[link to this post]

I have noticed that not all updates to tickets generate an email. Without an email it's a nuisance to log on and find out if there has been a response to a ticket. Here are 2 examples where this has happened to me:

My email addresses are valid. Messages such as notification of billing are received reliably.
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Wed 09-Feb-11 10:37:31
Print Post

Re: Email notification of ticket updates

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

There's a tick box to send email notification when an agent updates a ticket. I wonder whether or not a few of them neglected to tick this when composing some of their replies?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(regular) Wed 09-Feb-11 10:45:26
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

Have to say I'm surprised by this. I would have expected email notification to be automatic. Perhaps with an optout for use on rare occasions where an email reponse is specifically not wanted. Though I'm hard pressed to think of any reason not to have an email.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(isp) Wed 09-Feb-11 10:54:17
Print Post

I probably could have worded that better.

The selection box *is* ticked by default, although I suspect this is only true where it's been used for the reply previous.

Could somebody have removed the tick to add some internal comments and then neglected to put it back for subsequent updates?

Isn't there a line of text in any of the ticket responses to say whether or not an email's been sent?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(regular) Wed 09-Feb-11 11:16:24
Print Post

Don't think so. I also have a feeling that if the original ticket was raised by phone rather than online, no email is sent.
(isp) Wed 09-Feb-11 12:04:46
Print Post

Yeah, just checked and the line of text is only appended to the initial ticket query. Tickets raised by phone can be configured to send an email to the customer (just tested it).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Standard User Michael_Chare
(member) Wed 09-Feb-11 19:50:14
Print Post

I got an email notification for the first response to an invoice query that I raised, but not to the second response which was made to my reply to the first response.

Still when I eventually found the second response I was pleased with the reply!

Michael Chare
Standard User bluetroll
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Feb-11 22:58:16
Print Post

I had a ticket open (#38311020) from 26th December & got email notice of updates up to 07 January, but didn't get any emails for replies on 10th,14th & 18th (lists my hotmail in text in the first entry).

Subsequently I raised a fault (#38867440 - no line to indicate email address but that may be because of the different route into the system). I'm pretty sure any email notification box was ticked but I didn't receive any email notifications. Or is there a box in the fault/ticket system to put in an email address - in which case I almost certainly put my gmail one when I raised the fault.

(I should note that to Plusnet's credit I DID get texts & phone calls as the fault progressed through the system).

It could be a case of hotmail randomly ditching plusnet emails so I have changed the secondary email address in my details from my hotmail - as I've known emails to hotmail to randomly get blackholed there before* - to my gmail account but can't remember if I did it before the fault was raised.

(*the service status ones used to go to my hotmail but randomly stopped never to reappear but have been fine since switching it to gmail).

"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders."
(isp) Wed 23-Feb-11 12:14:06
Print Post

[re: bluetroll] [link to this post]

Guys, after some investigation yesterday we've found the cause of the problem. One of our internal servers had a broken Exim configuration.

We've since fixed this and put checks in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Please shout up if you notice any more ticket notifications going missing.

Thanks,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Feb-11 12:47:48
Print Post

Was that the server that sent all the emails about the material change to T&C's relating to downgrading accounts that nobody received?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to