User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ultra
(experienced) Mon 28-Mar-11 18:31:30
Print Post

Ticket 41172636 - migration to PN

[link to this post]

Can someone at PN confirm there's no attempt being made to transfer line + phone calls to PN as well ? Not my ticket, but that of my sister, who lost current ISP and much later in day got 'we suspended it' and 'BT have told us your phone line has ceased". Of course, could be incorrect message from BE Broadband just making life confusing.

Since they paid BT line rental in advance for 12 months, just ordered Value account, but this looks like something else.

Was quite puzzled to see 'commitment date for the transfer but the broadband doesn't usually go live until the day after" (Aaaarghhh.. alarm bells rang when sister forwarded the response to me.)

(minor quibble over English... I assume "." missing as it goes on with "you can give it a try..." but only makes sense as a new sentence, IMO.)

Not sure what hours PN staff who come on ThinkBB work to, so apologies if all has been sorted out by morning (if you see it then).
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Mar-11 20:53:34
Print Post

Re: Ticket 41172636 - migration to PN

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
Not sure what hours PN staff who come on ThinkBB work to, so apologies if all has been sorted out by morning (if you see it then).

Normally 0900 - 1700 ish

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User ultra
(experienced) Mon 28-Mar-11 23:00:09
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Thanks for that. My sister got an e-mail on her iPhone at some point when he turned the router off... to say her ADSL was live (12 hours almost to the minute since the connection via BE went down). Spoke to her a while ago and got her to check...

Anyway, seemed the router was in sync with exchange, but showed nil data, and then when I was suggesting she click Disconnect button, it seems the router just needed her to click Connect...

So, all sorted in the end for her - fingers crossed it is still OK in the morning smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Mar-11 08:36:39
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
So, all sorted in the end for her - fingers crossed it is still OK in the morning smile

Hope so wink

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
  Print Thread

Jump to