User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User desiguk
(learned) Tue 05-Apr-11 17:09:32
Print Post

FTTC - downtime since the weekend (41355091)

[link to this post]

Hi
My FTTC connection has been down since the weekend, was told by Plusnet support when I called to raise the ticket that I should have heard something by now.

If anyone from Plusnet sees this can they have a look at ticket: 41355091

thanks!

=============================
Plusnet Premier option 1
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 06-Apr-11 13:33:43
Print Post

Re: FTTC - downtime since the weekend (41355091)

[re: desiguk] [link to this post]

Apologies for the delay there, though it looks like an engineer has now been booked for this morning - I hope that gets things sorted for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User desiguk
(learned) Wed 06-Apr-11 14:42:52
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

I received a call from support yesterday evening saying that a BT engineer visit would be scheduled for this morning. Received the emails and texts to confirm the visit too.

1pm came and went, no BT engineer.
Called Plusnet helpline to find out that the although the engineer visit was booked on Plusnet side, it was never confirmed with BT for an engineer call out!!

I had to stay at home for this engineer visit. I was planning to make the time up after the issue was fixed but now there will be no engineer visit I am going to lose out on a day of work.

This is absolutely pathetic, if Plusnet cannot even manage to confirm a BT engineer booking is even made properly, how are they going to expect to support customers on FTTC when it's on commercial launch???

I have been told that another visit will be booked for Friday morning. Right now no confirmation received after an hour, and I am sceptical they will manage it this time either...

EDIT: I have a limited connection using my mobile, and using this I can see that there aren't even any details of my last call to Plusnet support on the ticket (been over an hour since I spoke to a member of support). The least they could do is keep a log of me calling in!

[Before anyone states I am over-reacting on this, I have been a Plusnet customer for over 8 years, happy for the majority of that time but the last few months have seen some pretty slow responses to issues, and now this...]

=============================
Plusnet Premier option 1

Edited by desiguk (Wed 06-Apr-11 14:46:38)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative jpilson
(isp) Wed 06-Apr-11 22:15:02
Print Post

[re: desiguk] [link to this post]

Hi Designuk,

I'll get someone to pick this up first thing in the morning and update you on what's going on.

Jojo smile

Joanne Pilson
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status::RSS::Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to