User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DaveJ
(learned) Fri 08-Apr-11 22:32:18
Print Post

Unhelpful "Help"

[link to this post]

The "help" offered on the Plusnet website chat facility this evening wasn't helpful, and the person on the other end was abrupt to the point of rudeness.

And thats to a potential customer. Usually presales is good and things deteriorate once you are tied into a contract. It doesn't look good for post sales support then, which has rather put me off dealing with Plusnet.

Dave

Draytek 2900VG router through Draytek 120 modem.
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Apr-11 12:22:33
Print Post

Re: Unhelpful "Help"

[re: DaveJ] [link to this post]

Without a link it's difficult to comment. Was the person who replied a staff member or another customer?

Normally people try to be helpful on the forums and staff, in particular, resolve most problems.

plusnet usergroup member cool
Standard User ultra
(experienced) Mon 11-Apr-11 14:41:06
Print Post

[re: nadger] [link to this post]

I think DaveJ would have mentioned IRC if he had meant that.

To me, a "chat" facility normally means a pop-up box where someone from CS or TS would accept your question and then respond... Most web hosting services have such a "live chat" feature - some pop-up unwanted after about 30 seconds looking at the details on a page [and I quickly slam them shut] but others are there for the visitor to select if/when they decide to ask further questions.

Short of DaveJ posting quotes from the transcript (if one was sent by e-mail afterwards, or he made copies of chunks of dialogue) there's not a lot he could have posted initially, but for the offer of sending such info by PM/ e-mail to some member of PN staff for them to "educate" the person concerned.

I do hope that PN's facility sends a transcript by e-mail (and just as important, has identifying information both about it being from Plusnet and which member of staff was at the PN end). I have had transcripts sent to me without any way to be sure which company it was that I had been chatting to (pain if you find a useful service, find out more, and then a week or two later cannot remember the domain name and the transcript gives no clues, as it only shows the chat/ transcription service domain name in all its output).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 11-Apr-11 15:40:40
Print Post

[re: DaveJ] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, is there any chance you can PM me any details of the chat at all? As much as possible would be ideal, especially the time it took place at, the name of the agent you talked to and if possible a transcript of the conversation (or a sample).

I realise that may not all be possible, but the more we have the easier it is to chase up.

In the mean time are there any queries I can help with?

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to