User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wy2k
(committed) Tue 12-Apr-11 19:58:23
Print Post

leaving Plusnet for sky (full llu) do....

[link to this post]

I need a mac code or just cancel my plusnet account?
Would i be right in thinking that I can use PN up to date of when my next bill would of been due?

cheers
Standard User petervaughan
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Apr-11 20:12:34
Print Post

Re: leaving Plusnet for sky (full llu) do....

[re: wy2k] [link to this post]

You need a MAC code so you can migrate to LLU, which is only available via mail (not email) or phone support. If you cancel your broadband you will have to pay a BT (not plusnet) cancellation fee which I think is around £50.

There are conflicting reports on how long you can use your plusnet account. Normally when you inform plusnet you have migrated (which you should really do or plusnet may continue billing you) they will close the account. It was possible to downgrade your account to a free dialup PAYG one but again conflicting info from plusnet whether this is still possible.

- Peter

--
plusnetADSL Plusnet Pro Customer on FTTC trial
Plusnet Usergroup (PUG) Member
| PUG Website | PUG Forums | PUG Issue Tracker | UserTools Website | Service Status by Email | Exchange Checker ]
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Apr-11 20:27:19
Print Post

[re: petervaughan] [link to this post]

Pn dont /wont supply the requested MAC via Email? they should do most isp's do ,and the good ones will supply it anyway you want within reason, e-mail/fax/ sms and verbally on the phone
best thing to do so you don't end up with 2 bills would be request your mac (vaild for 30days) and sign up to your chosen new isp around 14days before the end of the monthly billing cycle,so by the time the current month ends (already paid) if a month in advance, you have switched and have gone live with your new isp, then ring pn to confirm that you wont be billed for the following month

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wy2k
(committed) Tue 12-Apr-11 20:33:57
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

According to sky (i didn't speak to them myself), I need to cancel my account with PN ready for sky to take over the line for phone + bb. I've already placed the order with sky btw.

Edited by wy2k (Tue 12-Apr-11 20:35:58)

Standard User DRW
(committed) Thu 14-Apr-11 10:46:59
Print Post

Please come back and let us know how long you had to wait for Sky to connect your phone and internet connection - last summer they were experiencing major delays in some parts of the country. People being without a phone line for 4 or so weeks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 14-Apr-11 10:51:08
Print Post

By virtue of Sky placing a full LLU order it will by its nature cancel the Plusnet server and any telephone billing.

What you need to do is give notice to Plusnet that you are leaving, simplest to request the MAC, Sky may not want it.

Issuing a cancellation notice to Plusnet would result in them placing a cease order (and maybe charging for it), and this can cause issues if the cease is scheduled after the full LLU has started, i.e. this is how some older TalkTalk lines suddenly stopped working in the early days. Openreach got a cease and carried it out without checking that the cease applied to the ISP on the line at that time.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to