User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User atsw
(experienced) Sat 30-Apr-11 11:44:25
Print Post

Extra and Pro add-on

[link to this post]

Quick question, if I may. I've been with PlusNet since the start of this year. When I joined I selected the "Pro" package as it suited my needs and requirements of the family. It was an excellent choice, my speeds have been very consistent 24/7 for all the various web-tasks that I and the rest of the family have.

When I signed up, the Pro Package was an offering in its own right, with a 20Gb download limit. Looking at the website now, it seems things have changed slightly, and it's now an 'add-on' to either the "Value" or "Extra" packages. If this is the case, I'm wondering if the 20Gb D/L limit still applies with this add-on, or if the limit associated with the base "Value"(10Gb) or "Extra" (60Gb) packages now applies, even with the Pro add-on in place?

Andrew

PlusNet - Pro smile
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Apr-11 13:08:54
Print Post

Re: Extra and Pro add-on

[re: atsw] [link to this post]

The new products have their own limits (10GB and 60GB) and when you add the Pro addon you retain those limits

Edited by Oldjim (Sat 30-Apr-11 13:09:18)

Standard User atsw
(experienced) Sat 30-Apr-11 20:12:57
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Thanks, I shall enquire about getting my current 20Gb limit increased to 60Gb by switching to Extra with Pro Add-on. The quick and concise reply is much appreciated.

Andrew

PlusNet - Pro smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User atsw
(experienced) Sun 01-May-11 15:53:47
Print Post

Thanks again for your initial reply. Do you know if the Pro 'add-on' to "Extra" is an exact match for what was "PlusNet Pro" a few months back? I'm thinking in terms of traffic management and line speeds for different types of web activity.

Andrew

PlusNet - Pro smile
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-May-11 16:42:23
Print Post

[re: atsw] [link to this post]

Have a read here http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php and here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/tr...
Basically there doesn't seem to be any difference
Standard User atsw
(experienced) Mon 02-May-11 19:47:34
Print Post

Thanks, much appreciated. I'll be making the switch later this month.

Andrew

PlusNet - Pro smile
  Print Thread

Jump to