User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-May-11 17:12:21
Print Post

FAO PN Staff

[link to this post]

Possible new account. For a maximum usage of 14 hours a week, emails and web browsing. For a very small wedding car hire business located in a secure garage unit, do we really have to have a 24 month business contract? We are located in a market three exchange so qualify for the Option 1 package.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 15-May-11 08:16:21
Print Post

Re: FAO PN Staff

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

The website says
Prices vary for 12 month contracts
in "Stuff you need to know", and the FAQs and Legal stuff both say 12 and 24 month contracts.

Looks like a negotiation job, (perhaps re connection costs etc.), seeing as there don't appear to be any 12-month prices published.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-May-11 11:26:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

This is what confused me. The premises are only occupied for around 12/14 hours a week. I don't see the point of paying more than £10 a month for the broadband bearing in mind the limited use. Plus the fact that a 24 month contract seems rather excessive. There would be an up front connection charge as the line doesn't have broadband activated.

Now if PN were to let us have the residential Plusnet Value at £6.49 a month for a Market 3 exchange, no router, that could change my whole perception of them as a company. tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-May-11 11:37:12
Print Post

If you haven't already done so, you may get a faster response here

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-May-11 12:01:14
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Not being a current Plusnet customer I can't post there, but thanks anyway.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-May-11 13:49:23
Print Post

Sorry I fogot that was an "exclusive" forum smile
I can post a reference to this post on there if you would like it brought to their attention.

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-May-11 14:05:08
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Thank you kind sir. smile
Standard User DRW
(committed) Sun 15-May-11 17:43:29
Print Post

As your predicted usage is less than some domestic users and if you are prepared to not get a repair service that the business service receives I would get a domestic service and then seek forgiveness if PN get stroppy.

Is the phone line classed as business or domestic? That could influence whether you get caught.
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Sun 15-May-11 18:15:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by wingco1:
Now if PN were to let us have the residential Plusnet Value at £6.49 a month for a Market 3 exchange, no router, that could change my whole perception of them as a company. tongue

Businesses are expected to be able to make a profit, and be able to afford the extra fiver a month. I'm sure you'll find a better deal elsewhere though. smile

My gf's company have moved their BB and phone to PN lately and have saved a packet. They hardly use the Internet nor make hundreds of external calls (service company), so while they don't utilise the potential of the deal to the full, they have cut their costs down to next to nothing compared to previous contracts. The only sticking point was the contract length, but they didn't see a problem since they don't use the service as much as others might. The only problems they've had were the big outages which affected whole regions.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-May-11 19:37:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by wingco1:
Thank you kind sir. smile

Have done, see here