User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User marktrueman
(regular) Wed 25-May-11 08:11:19
Print Post

IP Profile update

[link to this post]

Hi,

Over the last week i have fallen foul to a fault at the exchange which has meant that my iprofile was set down at 135k for 4 days. The fault was rectified at 2pm yesterday and im now syncing at my normal 6240.

I would have expected my ip profile to bump up pretty quickly as a 135-5500 jump in ip profile is about a 4000% increase, which based on the BT adaptive max logic should mean a 6 hour refresh on ip profile. Unfortunately im still stuck at 135, which is making it increasingly hard for me to work at home today.

Am i right in thinking i should be running at a higher IP profile by now? If so, whats the best route to go to get this sorted.

Thanks

Mark
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 25-May-11 08:33:15
Print Post

Re: IP Profile update

[re: marktrueman] [link to this post]

Hi there,

It can take up to 3 days but if the line's stable then we can request an SNR reset, which will set the line back to its original training period and allow it to recalculate its stable rate. If you advise of a ticket number or PM me a username I'd be happy to take a look at the account and see if we could arrange that for you?

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(regular) Wed 25-May-11 08:53:55
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Many thanks, PM sent smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(isp) Wed 25-May-11 09:17:37
Print Post

Hi there,

I've checked the account and it's still dropping, I'm not sure the dropping connection fault is fixed yet so there'd be no point resetting the SNR as it'd just go back to the same state again.

Are you still getting noise on the phone line? If so that'll be what's causing the problem, and needs to be reported to your phone provider. If you do that don't mention the broadband though or they'll refer you back to us - and there's nothing we can do to fix it.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(regular) Wed 25-May-11 09:20:52
Print Post

Thats strange, im getting no noise on the phone line now and my router said that the connection was stable for 12 hours until about an hour ago when i manually disconnected after reading this may cause the profile to update. At what times are you seeing connection drop?
(isp) Wed 25-May-11 09:45:55
Print Post

I've added details to your ticket (can't add images here) but that should give you an idea, hope that helps.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
(regular) Wed 25-May-11 09:53:06
Print Post

Thanks again,

I believe that the last line error based disconnect was at 14:00 yesterday as this is when the engineer called me to say the problem was fixed and I started getting a normal line sync. The ones at 20:00 hours yesterday and 08:30 today were me doing a software disconnect and reconnect from my router as i read that this may cause the ip profile to update (which may be wrong, i dont know).

I believe that my connection should be stable as i have replace all leads, microfilters and even bought a new phone while trying to sort this problem out.

Regards

Mark
(isp) Wed 25-May-11 10:23:10
Print Post

Fair enough smile Reset requested for you, you should notice it take effect within the next couple of hours.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
(regular) Wed 25-May-11 10:26:06
Print Post

Thanks for your help Matthew, much appreciated. smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 25-May-11 12:25:46
Print Post

Did you check the IP Profile as shown on the BT Speed tester? That might have been, in fact may still be, correct, just the Plusnet "Current Line Speed" not yet caught up with it.

All history though as the reset has been requested.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to