User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mr_spokey
(newbie) Tue 31-May-11 12:45:33
Print Post

Frustrated ex- customer

[link to this post]

Had Plusnet broadband connected on 10 May. Connected up router which was preloaded with logon details, via ethernet and clicked connect. The dsl light was solid green but the internet light just flashed red so no internet connection. Went through the logon procedure with Plusnet support but still no internet . Tried a spare router but got the same result. After a week they sent a BT engineer to my house and he checked the login and router wiring setup which was ok. He said it must be an exchange equipment fault and set off to sort it out. Yesterday 30 May was informed another BT engineer was arranged for 3 June After three weeks I've finally lost my patience and arranged another ISP to take over my phone and broadband. Now Plusnet are going to charge me for the router which they refuse to accept back from me and the connection fee plus they have already taken the first month broadband subscription. Why should I be out of pocket and have nothing to show for it but an unwanted router.
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Tue 31-May-11 12:48:19
Print Post

Re: Frustrated ex- customer

[re: mr_spokey] [link to this post]

After a week they sent a BT engineer to my house and he checked the login and router wiring setup which was ok. He said it must be an exchange equipment fault and set off to sort it out. Yesterday 30 May was informed another BT engineer was arranged for 3 June

Based on that info, and assuming it is accurate, the choice of ISP will not matter.

Why should I be out of pocket and have nothing to show for it but an unwanted router.

You should not. If you have paid money and received no product or service you should receive a full refund (assuming you have not prevented the product or service reaching you).

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User kasg
(committed) Tue 31-May-11 13:50:38
Print Post

I don't understand why you didn't stick with Plusnet until the exchange fault was sorted out. In what way is Plusnet at fault in all this? Why would changing ISP make any difference? I'm sure that Plusnet would have treated you fairly when the problem was sorted out and not charged you for any period for which you did not receive a service.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DavidFinbarr
(freechataholic) Tue 31-May-11 16:34:50
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
In what way is Plusnet at fault in all this?

Because the contract is with PN.
They have agreed to supply broadband, and of yet they haven't
As Cammy has said, unless the OP is doing something wrong PN is at fault.

A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.
Standard User mr_spokey
(newbie) Tue 31-May-11 17:07:32
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

As a new customer I think it is unreasonable I still have no internet connection after three weeks. Plusnet are the ISP so who else is at fault. Error message says no ATM detected on DSL. My service will be taken over by an LLU provider so different equipment.
Standard User kasg
(committed) Tue 31-May-11 18:06:52
Print Post

Fair enough if you're going for LLU, I know all that about the contract and who is legally responsible, I was just trying to be pragmatic regarding what was most likely to get the OP a working service.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-May-11 19:06:06
Print Post

My service will be taken over by an LLU provider so different equipment.

I guess it won't be Sky then smile

Alastair

omadasafisho live BQM graph
Standard User mr_spokey
(newbie) Tue 31-May-11 21:03:32
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

You are correct. Starting to run out of options in my exchange. All I ask for is a fast stable connection. not much to ask on an 800 metre line
Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Tue 31-May-11 21:45:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by mr_spokey:
All I ask for is a fast stable connection. not much to ask on an 800 metre line

This is not good publicity for Plusnet. Perhaps one of the ISP's regular posters to this forum could explain what has happened in this particular case.

Wagstaff

"Some spread happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go."
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Jun-11 08:39:48
Print Post

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Wagstaff:
This is not good publicity for Plusnet. Perhaps one of the ISP's regular posters to this forum could explain what has happened in this particular case.
Wagstaff

Chris & Matthew appear to be online now so I'm sure there will be some input soon.

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to