User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TheChimp
(newbie) Thu 16-Jun-11 17:50:57
Print Post

Credit Rating

[link to this post]

Hi all,

A quick question - does PlusNet now, or would they ever share payment history with credit ratings agencies? I ask because for reasons beyond my control I have missed a couple of PN payments recently. The standard credit report I got from Experian had no reference to PN, but did seem to know about my mobile provider payment history.

Thanks for any info anyone has (especially anyone from PlusNet!)
Standard User ukhardy07
(member) Thu 16-Jun-11 18:07:52
Print Post

Re: Credit Rating

[re: TheChimp] [link to this post]

There are 3 credit reference agencies, Experian, CallCredit and Equifax. If one doesn't pick something up chances are the other 2 will.

The best answer is to contact PN and ask directly have my missed payments been passed onto credit reference agencies? Ie will my missed payments show on my credit report?

Some financial institutions will look at all 3 credit reference agencies records, some 2 of them and some 1. Generally they use a combination of 2 or 3 of them.

Also credit reports are generally several months behind, so if you recently got plusnet it might not be there yet.

Good luck.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 16-Jun-11 18:08:28)

ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Fri 17-Jun-11 17:30:55
Print Post

Re: Credit Rating

[re: TheChimp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TheChimp:
A quick question - does PlusNet now, or would they ever share payment history with credit ratings agencies?

Not to my knowledge unless a customer's details are passed to our debt recovery agency.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to