User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 16-Jun-11 19:12:49
Print Post

Old Plusnet account/email address

[link to this post]

HI

How can I check details on an old plusnet account. I have not been with plusnet for about 7 years, but Norton have been renewing my subscription for the same period. (on the wifes credit card wink ).
She thought it was meant to be ongoing. Symantec claim to have been sending renewal conformation emails to the old email address and say its my fault for not checking them? They say the emails are being delivered and thats that. If i have not been downloading them, then they must be queued up somewhere? I honestly believed i had followed an unsubscribe link many moons ago. I threw the login details away a few weeks ago with an office clear out. Typical! I have asked them to confirm the last time the program was updated and to what IP address but they refused to tell me.

All advice appreciated!

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jun-11 08:30:51
Print Post

Re: Old Plusnet account/email address

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

It is possible that the emails are received at plusnet but are then deleted if the address is no longer active (not all email systems send responses to say an address doesn't exist).
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Fri 17-Jun-11 17:19:26
Print Post

Re: Old Plusnet account/email address

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

If you PM me the account details then I'll take a quick look for you.

Our mail servers do refuse messages sent to an invalid mailbox:

Text
Connected to mx.core.plus.net.
Escape character is '^]'.220 mx.core.plus.net ESMTP Exim Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:13:50 +0100
ehlo cores250-inmx13.plus.net Hello cores [84.93.217.165]
250-SIZE 104857600250-8BITMIME
250-PIPELINING250 HELP
mail from:<>250 OK
rcpt to:<kjasdhfdfjhashfhueiueasueuf@bobpullen.plus.com>550 Denied: Invalid mailbox (kjasdhfdfjhashfhueiueasueuf@bobpullen.plus.com)

Having said that, they typically sit behind our anti-spam appliances which do seem to accept the mail.

Text
Connected to mx-ironport.core.plus.net.
Escape character is '^]'.220 mx.ptn-ipin02.plus.net ESMTP
ehlo port250-mx.ptn-ipin02.plus.net
250-8BITMIME250 SIZE 104857600
mail from:<>250 sender <> ok
rcpt to:<sjkdhfjkfsakjhadkflhfdkasdjfhkasfd@bobpullen.plus.com>250 recipient <sjkdhfjkfsakjhadkflhfdkasdjfhkasfd@bobpullen.plus.com> ok

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to