User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Footys
(experienced) Mon 20-Jun-11 21:12:33
Print Post

Didnt get my 6 months free broadband for referrals

[link to this post]

In Feburary and March I referred a 2 friends as part of Plusnets promotion that if you referred one friend you recieved 3 months broadband free, two and you receieved 6 months and 3 and you recieved a year.

The first time I did it I forgot to use the special code but I got in touch and was told it could still be applied if I raised a ticket which I did and recieved confirmation.

See here:

[Support Wizard Journey]

[Additional Information]
Hi - I referred a friend this morning but forgot to use the refer3 code to get my free three months broadband. I was told to raise a ticket here about it and it could get added on this way.

The username of the person I referred was

Thanks

Copied To:

4:23am, Sunday 20 Feb 2011
Dear Mrs
Thank you for your query.

We will be happy to apply the discount but need the referred to send a ticket on their account stating your username. We can match the tickets and apply the 3 free months to both accounts.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Your Response
9:26am, Wednesday 23 Feb 2011
Hi - they have already raised a ticket on their account stating my username. thanks

10:56am, Wednesday 23 Feb 2011
Dear Mrs
Thank you for getting back to us.

I have now added the discount to your account.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

The second person I referred I remembered the code so all was fine. Just checked my invoices and I have only recieved 3 months free and they have started billing me again!!!

Could someone please have a look into this for me if possible?

Thanks
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jun-11 08:58:27
Print Post

Re: Didnt get my 6 months free broadband for referrals

[re: Footys] [link to this post]

They probably could if you gave the ticket numbers from both accounts so they could identify who you are and who you referred!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Footys
(experienced) Tue 21-Jun-11 09:00:47
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Thanks Jelv - Its just annoying because I clarified with them at the time what had happened and whether my free 6 months would go through and they assured me it would!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 21-Jun-11 11:10:43
Print Post

But did the second person (need to?) confirm the referral as well, like the first one did, and hasn't done? That would be an easy misunderstanding between you and support.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Footys
(experienced) Tue 21-Jun-11 11:30:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

With the first referral that I didnt use the code for both myself and the person I referred raised a ticket as instructed and we both recieved confirmation that all was ok.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 21-Jun-11 11:39:36
Print Post

What I meant was even when you give a referral code, does this still apply?
... need the referred to send a ticket on their account stating your username

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User ultra
(experienced) Tue 21-Jun-11 11:47:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I didn't even mention that code to someone who joined (my sister) but someone added 3 months unexpectedly for me. I would prefer PN make such discounts/ offers automatic so a web link (to get my referral automatically) would work whether or not some special deal was on, but allow the new user to get whatever deal is on offer.

I've just noticed 9 months deal from PN but if there's some code to type in, I would not try to 'market' it as it would mean changes to lots of websites.

(OK, not pushing PN right now so it would be fewer, but with some domains I get "top 10" type commission sites trying to interest me in "free content" in return for links to them. They are "so sorry they cannot pay anything" and I tell them to go to hell as I know they will be creaming off every pound they can get, the liars).
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Jun-11 10:26:53
Print Post

I see from your topic on the Community forums that you are going to get your extra discount

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,9671...

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
  Print Thread

Jump to