User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Thu 23-Jun-11 14:51:39
Print Post

iphone - Unable to connect to network

[link to this post]

My daughter uses my connection when she calls round and recently has begun to have problems connecting her iPhone 4 with wifi to the PN Thomson Router.

I swapped routers from a BT HH2 as the Thomson gave stronger wifi signal (according to inSSider) but if I swap back to the HH the problem is still there. The error message is "unable to connect to the network". My Android phone connects with no problem although an ageing Dell laptop is a bit erratic.

It would be appreciated if anyone could comment if they have been getting the same error message.

A browse over the internet indicates that this is a fairly common problem but nobody seems to have a definitive answer.

TVMIA
Meldrew
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 23-Jun-11 15:00:26
Print Post

Re: iphone - Unable to connect to network

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

At various times I've had various wireless problems with various routers... changing the channel selection from "Auto" to a suitable fixed one generally sorted it.

Even when I picked the same channel that Auto was using... go figure crazy

One or two others have found the same thing has worked for them, so worth a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM & Speed
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-Jun-11 16:15:40
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

As you're running inSSider select a channel that's not being used by others and select it manually on router.

This would be my first course of action.

plusnet usergroup member cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 23-Jun-11 17:21:03
Print Post

[re: nadger] [link to this post]

Isn't it the iPhone 4 that has the casing acting as the antenna, and holding it "wrong" screws it up?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to