User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smurf46
(regular) Wed 13-Jul-11 20:29:29
Print Post

Broadband and Phone

[link to this post]

Apologies to the mods but I tried this one on the Orange forum with no answers, nor from Plusnet questions. I tried to transfer phone and broadband to Plusnet from Orange with MAC, but it's got stuck with BTO. The problem is that Orange don't do phone service without broadband and Plusnet (and just about everyone else) transfers the broadband first, then the phone service. So it doesn't work and the MAC is ineffective. Orange say I have to transfer the phone first but Plusnet don't do phone only. So I have to do a BT return to donor or (preferably) find another provider who can offer just a phone service first? Am I right, if so presumably I can re-use the same MAC if necessary to clear an Orange broadband tag on the line, as it is rejected by BTO and hasn't therefore been used?

Plusnet reps for info: I've asked to hold this order and put a stop to the DD as I don't want to be paying for a service I can't get!

Edited by smurf46 (Wed 13-Jul-11 20:53:31)

Standard User smurf46
(regular) Thu 14-Jul-11 10:03:13
Print Post

Re: Broadband and Phone

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

Happily sorted out this problem in less than an hour with IDNet this morning, rather than the 2 weeks Plusnet spent sitting on their back-sides. Paying more, but it's the cost of real humans rather than script monkeys! Now off to ditch Plusnet!
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Thu 14-Jul-11 13:02:25
Print Post

Re: Broadband and Phone

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Disappointed to hear this. Whilst you're right that we typically attempt the broadband transfer first, I'm sure we'd have been able to work round the system/usual business processes.

Good luck with Idnet though, and apologies that we let you down.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to