Didn't see your comment till now.
A breakdown of what happened and the time frame, and hopefully a staff member will comment if it's the norm.
Wed 10th 1.30pm Called PN Reported fault. Confirmed filters had been changed and router was in test socket.
Wed 10th 9pm Called PN Confirmed a working router, and filter was plugged in test socket.
Told guy it the was no broadband signal and the fault lies outside my property.
(This is when I expected an engineer to look at the exchange)
Thurs 11th morning, get text asking me to confirm I've changed filter and i's in test socket.
I had confirmed that twice on the 10th
Replied by text saying above.
Fri 12th 2pm Rung PN as had no contacted from them.
Was told they need to book an engineer.
(why wasn't I texted or rung as it was known at least 4 hours earlier)
Also why did it take that long when I confirmed no signal on Wed.
Due to all the delays first appointment with engineer was Tues 23rd.
Tues 23rd, engineer turned up tested line and no signal ( I knew that)
Went to exchange and fixed fault in a few minutes.
So in all it took a week to fix
Asked for a refund on dial up costs (£4)
and a refund on the week I was without BB
(I was being charged for a service I wasn't being provided with)
Was told PN for do refunds because
The reason for this is that there are many factors beyond our control that affect broadband. For example weather conditions, electrical/radio interference, your equipment, quality of the phone line, etc.
That text has nothing to to with my fault.
A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.