User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 25-Aug-11 12:10:27
Print Post

Giving Plusnet a Try!

[link to this post]

After supporting & defending Post Office Broadband & Home Phone for 16 months, I have had enough of their Mail server rejecting passwords every evening for all of that time, along with still not offering anytime calls on the combined package. I could not quite bring myself to commit to 18 months of BT prices again, so thought Plusnet Extra with Home phone was worth a whirl as there is no Broadband tie-in, though I am doubtful the 60GB will suffice in this world of the iPlayer and our love of Wi-Fi Internet Radio.

Post Office Home phone with 8Mb Broadband Extra.
20" iMac Dual 2.66gHz 4 Gb Ram.
Post Office Test Result
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 25-Aug-11 12:18:42
Print Post

Re: Giving Plusnet a Try!

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m0aur:
so thought Plusnet Extra with Home phone was worth a whirl

Got Extra, Phones and Anytime package (and a couple of add-ons). All for £30, give or take 50p.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 25-Aug-11 12:19:56
Print Post

Cont···
I was given a switchover date of the 26th (Tomorrow) via Email, and a date of the 25th (Today) by text. So today, my Post Office broadband was switched off with no sign of the Plusnet service. I found the Plusnet customer service phone service poor compared to the Post Office. A long time on hold with silence, so not knowing if still connected.
Having said that, when I got through, a very helpful bod prodded his keyboard & switched on my service immediately.
One bonus over the Post Office 8MB service, is that I am now connecting to my exchange at 12451kbps, which may even improve once the line settles after several router restarts today.
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1449711402.png[/IMG]
http://speed.io/pics/4582/9514/speed.io.png

Post Office Test Result

Edited by m0aur (Thu 25-Aug-11 18:38:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 25-Aug-11 12:21:51
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
so thought Plusnet Extra with Home phone was worth a whirl

Got Extra, Phones and Anytime package (and a couple of add-ons). All for £30, give or take 50p.

Same here, but it will be 10 days before our phone calls & line switch to PN anytime.

Post Office Test Result

Edited by m0aur (Thu 25-Aug-11 13:12:28)

Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Aug-11 13:41:05
Print Post

I found the Plusnet customer service phone service poor compared to the Post Office. Along time on hold with silence, so not knowing if still connected.
Does this mean we no longer get rubbish music and intermittent messages saying why don't you try the on line help assistance and "your call is important to us" - I made this last bit up as I don't think Plusnet actually say that
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Aug-11 13:50:31
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

"your call is important to us" - I made this last bit up as I don't think Plusnet actually say that

Maybe your're more right than you think wink

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 25-Aug-11 20:59:02
Print Post

Well ··· The nightmare of the changover to Plusnet continues. After the muddle of switching off the PO BB and no PN initially, we found we could not receive any phone calls. After a lot of checking & swapping of phone gear, a call to 17070 shows my line is registering a totally different phone number. Plusnet were no help on the phone as they don't handle the phone till the 9th of September. The so called 24/7 customer services at the PO have gone home for the day. WHAT a nightmare. Surely the ‘Super’ PN customer services could have contacted BTW or PO phones to do something. So, no incoming calls, wrong number and regretting the whole idea.

Edited by m0aur (Thu 25-Aug-11 21:26:36)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 25-Aug-11 21:28:36
Print Post

Hang on a sec.

Plusnet were no help on the phone as they don't handle the phone till the 9th of September. Surely the ‘Super’ PN customer services could have contacted BTW or PO phones to do something.

If they don't get billing responsibilities for the line until then, I imagine they will not be your point of contact for phone issues until then.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 25-Aug-11 21:34:17
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
Hang on a sec.

Plusnet were no help on the phone as they don't handle the phone till the 9th of September. Surely the ‘Super’ PN customer services could have contacted BTW or PO phones to do something.

If they don't get billing responsibilities for the line until then, I imagine they will not be your point of contact for phone issues until then.

Yes, I realise all that. But, the engineers that messed up the job of the changeover in the exchange, were working for Plusnet. If I was a Plusnet manager, I would demand they put the mistake right, regardless of phone supplier. It's called customer service. After all, I could drop the phone changeover and hop out of the whole nightmare.

Edited by m0aur (Thu 25-Aug-11 21:43:38)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 25-Aug-11 21:42:07
Print Post

If it's their mistake, I agree completely. Might be worth seeing if a PN rep can cast some light on this one.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to