User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Aug-11 14:03:28
Print Post

Thanks Plusnet for excellent service

[link to this post]

I have to give plusnet 5 stars for a great service and great support. Before on ADSL I get 6.5Meg and now getting 12.4Meg on ADSL2+ as it rock solid all day for a week now and a low ping too. Quite happy overall, better than rubbish virgin media (went downtime 9 times in a year and very high ping and throttling speed down to 2.4Meg with cable, glad I have left virgin media and join BT ADSL2+ with Plusnet. Also Plusnet is an excellent value money too.

Thanks Plusnet for a great service smile

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by adslmax (Fri 26-Aug-11 14:05:48)

Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 19:29:17
Print Post

Re: Thanks Plusnet for excellent service

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I have to give plusnet 5 stars for a great service and great support. Before on ADSL I get 6.5Meg and now getting 12.4Meg on ADSL2+ as it rock solid all day for a week now and a low ping too. Quite happy overall, better than rubbish virgin media (went downtime 9 times in a year and very high ping and throttling speed down to 2.4Meg with cable, glad I have left virgin media and join BT ADSL2+ with Plusnet. Also Plusnet is an excellent value money too.

Thanks Plusnet for a great service smile

I give it a week before you are slating them and migrating. tongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAVE FORMULA ONE!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PETITION: KEEP F1 FREE
Standard User kasg
(committed) Fri 26-Aug-11 22:01:50
Print Post

Who are you and what have you done to adslmax???

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 23:51:25
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
Who are you and what have you done to adslmax???

He's been kidnapped by girl from Singapore wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAVE FORMULA ONE!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PETITION: KEEP F1 FREE
Standard User m0aur
(member) Sat 27-Aug-11 12:13:40
Print Post

I will second that. I switched from the Post Office 2 days ago. Now very low ping. My 6.3MB Post Office speed upped to 7.5MB on the first day with Plusnet. 9.4Mb yesterday and over 10MB today. Wonderful, but I don't think I will manage on the 60GB, and I am not happy that the changeover has hooked my phone to another persons number. Still waiting for a fix :-[

Edited by m0aur (Sat 27-Aug-11 12:26:31)

Standard User kasg
(committed) Sat 27-Aug-11 14:16:16
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m0aur:
Wonderful, but I don't think I will manage on the 60GB
Do you actually know how much you were using before? I went from Extra with 60GB to Value Fibre with 40GB and still haven't managed to exceed 21GB (metered) in one month! (Remember it's unmetered between midnight and 8am.)

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS

Edited by kasg (Sat 27-Aug-11 14:19:01)

Standard User m0aur
(member) Sat 27-Aug-11 14:25:57
Print Post

Wonderful, but I don't think I will manage on the 60GB
Do you actually know how much you were using before? I went from Extra with 60GB to Value Fibre with 40GB and still haven't managed to exceed 21GB (metered) in one month! (Remember it's unmetered between midnight and 8am.)

Well in the last two days, we have used nearly 1GB per day out of our daytime metered allowance. This is just for browsing and email. Our Wi-Fi internet radios were just running overnight, and we have watched no iPlayer or online tv. I certainly would not sit up after midnight to do so, so cannot see how on earth 60GB is enough in these days of the iPlayer etc. Even my new Freeview HD box is network linked and will soon offer hundreds of web channels and on demand. A couple of years ago with BT, it was all too easy to exceed their then 100GB “Unlimited” limit.

Edited by m0aur (Sat 27-Aug-11 21:30:57)

Standard User kasg
(committed) Sat 27-Aug-11 14:30:08
Print Post

Well in the last two days, we have used nearly 1GB per day out of our daytime metered allowance. This is just for browsing and email.
1GB a day just for browsing and email? That is incredible, unless you have a radically different definition of "browsing" from me (or have some humongous email attachments).

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Standard User m0aur
(member) Sat 27-Aug-11 15:02:00
Print Post

Well in the last two days, we have used nearly 1GB per day out of our daytime metered allowance. This is just for browsing and email.
1GB a day just for browsing and email? That is incredible, unless you have a radically different definition of "browsing" from me (or have some humongous email attachments).

No attachments that I can think of. We were not switched on till 11.00am Thursday & we used 692.75 from our allowance that day. The iMac starts itself up at 7.00 am each day and the browser has about 40 tabs open all day with several forum posts during the day, but no video watched as yet. We like to watch online tv such as free Sky sport on livescorehonter and free films on Blinkbox, so it is good that there is no BB tie-in.

Edited by m0aur (Sat 27-Aug-11 15:04:27)

Standard User kasg
(committed) Sat 27-Aug-11 22:49:48
Print Post

We were not switched on till 11.00am Thursday & we used 692.75 from our allowance that day.
Something very odd going on if that did not include any video or downloads.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to