User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User anaesthesia
(newbie) Tue 04-Oct-11 22:21:13
Print Post

Plusnet isuues

[link to this post]

Hi,
Need help, I was having dropped connection from my plusnet value fibre connection. Before that my NETGEAR wireless router was working fine, but then the engineer from plusnet requested me to connect directly to the BT openreach modem and configured that with my mac laptop and now when I reconnected my NETGEAR wireless router back with my BT openreach modem, my NETGEAR is not detecting any internet connection. The light for internet which used to be blue has completely disappeared from the NETGEAR router. I am still able to connect to internet via the BT openreach modem using an ethernet cable. Any solutions to get my NETGEAR working again?
Standard User petervaughan
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Oct-11 22:33:32
Print Post

Re: Plusnet isuues

[re: anaesthesia] [link to this post]

I'm unclear what you did when connecting your Mac to the VDSL modem as that cannot be configured via the Ethernet port? What exactly did you do?

What is the model number of the netgear?

You are connecting the WAN port of the netgear to the BT VDSL modem and not one of the LAN ports (the WAN port is usually a different colour)? The netgear's WAN port should be configured for PPPoE and you must have entered your broadband login details as well so check that is correct.

- Peter

--
plusnetADSL Plusnet Pro Customer on FTTC trial
Plusnet Usergroup (PUG) Member
| PUG Website | PUG Forums | PUG Issue Tracker | UserTools Website | Service Status by Email | Exchange Checker ]
  Print Thread

Jump to