User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 06-Nov-11 15:16:31
Print Post

Home Phone retention on migration out

[link to this post]

One for the Plusnet reps really smile.

Way back, when the Home Phone rental product was introduced, it was established that although we couldn't order it unless we ordered or had Plusnet broadband, on migrating the broadband away the Home Phone could be retained.

However, at that time the broadband activation fee was waived after 12 months even without taking Home Phone Rental. Since April this year that is no longer the case. The waiver is now only available if Home Phone Rental is taken.

So my question is, can Home Phone still be retained if the broadband is migrated away at some point?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
ISP Representative mand_beckett
(isp) Sun 06-Nov-11 23:30:09
Print Post

Re: Home Phone retention on migration out

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Yes you can still keep home phone whilst migrating broadband away (if agreed with our customer options team). However, if you're still within the initial 12 months you'd need to pay the broadband activation fee (as this is only deferred if you have both services with us).

Kind Regards,
Mand Beckett
Plusnet Support Team
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 07-Nov-11 00:02:30
Print Post

Re: Home Phone retention on migration out

[re: mand_beckett] [link to this post]

Thanks. The thing is I'm suggesting to someone that they join you, and this is a relevant point.

But another, more imporant question has arisen. It would be great if you could answer it, perhaps in the thread I link to in a moment.

Which is, if someone takes a 12-month contract for phone and broadband, and for whatever reason chooses to migrate the broadband away within the 12 months, then we know the deferred broadband setup charge becomes payable, and a router if taken, but it is arguable that the balance of the 12 months broadband charges also become payable.

There are two or three places on your website that the customer gets told about the router and setup, but no mention of the broadband term balance. But the "Contracts" section implies it may be, depending on how one interprets the distinction between cancellation and migration. It specifically warns the customer not to confuse the two, then to me immediatey does so itself smile.

Ah - went to get the link, and saw you have picked up on the thread in Which ISP. Probably better to answer it there rather than here, plus my queries on your post there. It puzzled me a bit smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to