User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Karen
(member) Mon 21-Nov-11 16:22:52
Print Post

Web pages timing out

[link to this post]

Hi -

Is anyone else getting slow speeds and web pages timing out lately? My connection seems okay for a couple of hours but then everything grinds to a halt. Speed tests reveal 0.5mb speeds, usually its around 8-11mb. Web pages refuse to load and I am constantly jumping gateways. I am in Wrexham, so not sure if there is a problem here or not.

Karen
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 21-Nov-11 17:06:22
Print Post

Re: Web pages timing out

[re: Karen] [link to this post]

Hi Karen,

Sounds like you might have had a dropped connection or two that's reduced your line profile.

Firstly, what kind of stats is your router reporting, particularly downstream sync speed and SNR/Noise margin?

Secondly, any chance you could PM me your username or post a ticket ID? That way I can have a look at your account and run some tests for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Nov-11 19:06:46
Print Post

Re: Web pages timing out

[re: Karen] [link to this post]

There's something amiss with the BT WBC network's LCP/CHAP servers which we on Orange are bearing the brunt of. It's similar to the nationwide outage reported on 3 Oct, but hasn't hit the Media yet this time.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to