User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrisduk112
(newbie) Wed 23-Nov-11 18:00:52
Print Post

plus net slow and bad support

[link to this post]

Hello

I've had a ticket open with plusnet for 6 weeks with speed issues in the evening

my router connects at 20mb down and 444k up and web pages take up to 1 minute to load.

I did a BT Speed test and it shows upload as around 40k and download at 800k

if i login as bt speed tester account i get full download/upload speed so the issue is being capped by plusnet

I called plusnet to chase my ticket i updated asking for a response days ago, after waiting 20 minutes on the phone i was told fault updates can only be done on email!

I am ready to ask for my mac code and report my complaint to offcom as they need to know about how poor plusnet as a company are!

if anyone can recommend a real ISP who dont advertise 20mb speed but restrict it so it dont work please let me know.. i am happy to pay more for a good service and require static IP.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 23-Nov-11 18:21:52
Print Post

Re: plus net slow and bad support

[re: chrisduk112] [link to this post]

if anyone can recommend a real ISP who dont advertise 20mb speed but restrict it so it dont work please let me know..
I wouldn't have thought this was the ideal place for that question smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 24-Nov-11 09:19:30
Print Post

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear things aren't working as they should be, would you be willing to PM me your username or add a ticket ID to this thread so we can have a look at your account?

Happy to have a good look and see if we can get things moving for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chrisduk112
(newbie) Thu 24-Nov-11 09:28:21
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

ticket ID 47836055
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 24-Nov-11 10:00:05
Print Post

Thanks very much for that. I've run a few tests and everything looks like it should be fine - profiles matching at 17000 across our side and both MSAN and BRAS, and your account profile on our side is correct.

That in mind with the speed test results you've seen I've asked one of our faults agents to get this raised for you. There'll be an update on the ticket for you shortly.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to