User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Wed 23-Nov-11 22:19:12
Print Post

Nuisance Phone Calls

[link to this post]

What is PN's policy in respect of customers who have the phone package receiving nuisance phone calls?
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Nov-11 22:32:58
Print Post

Re: Nuisance Phone Calls

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

You may have seen this already but I'll post the link to you anyway as it helps to increase my post count tongue smile

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Wed 23-Nov-11 23:14:29
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I hadn't seen that so thanks for the link. I'm posting on behalf of my (problem customer) friend. She lives alone and has been receiving silent calls. She doesn't have CLI and when she tries to retrieve the callers number she is told the number is unavailable.

She has spoken to PN who have told her there is nothing they can do, and that she should contact the Police. I doubt the Police would be interested. I was just interested to know if PN have any ability to monitor a phone line?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Nov-11 23:18:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by wingco1:
She doesn't have CLI and when she tries to retrieve the callers number she is told the number is unavailable.
CLI would've told her excatly the same.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Nov-11 23:23:37
Print Post

In this link Ofcom mention Ďanonymous callí rejection, don't know whether PN can provide it or not.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Wed 23-Nov-11 23:35:48
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

This wasn't offered. However an offer to change her phone number for a £30 fee was.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 24-Nov-11 09:12:59
Print Post

Hi wingco1,

Sorry you weren't offered anonymous call reject, I assure you we can arrange that for your friend if you/she wishes? Normal cost is £4/month but we'll happily add it free for the first month to give it a chance and see if it solves the problem.

If that's something you'd be interested in please drop me a PM with the ticket ID/username in and I'll get it sorted for you. I'll be feeding back on what you've been saying so far as well.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Roberto1
(learned) Thu 24-Nov-11 09:48:41
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

"anonymous call reject" sounds very useful, but I wonder if it would automatically reject all calls from overseas including legitimate calls?

(hope I'm not intruding on someone else's discussion smile )
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Thu 24-Nov-11 09:49:10
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Thanks Matthew

Edited by wingco1 (Thu 24-Nov-11 09:59:38)

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Thu 24-Nov-11 10:01:23
Print Post

[re: Roberto1] [link to this post]

Anonymous Call Rejection lets you bar incoming calls from callers who withhold their number (this won't block calls where the number is unavailable for other reasons)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to