User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DRW
(committed) Mon 12-Dec-11 12:35:51
Print Post

Why do I have to take PLusnet phone service with FTTC

[link to this post]

Driving past the street cabinet today I see a mini digger digging a hole next to the old BT street cabinet. Stop to check that what I am seeing is a FTTC cabinet to be installed with the power to come from the other side of the hedge so not from a cable in the middle of the road with the attendant delays.

Rush home to check on various sites to check on forecast availability of FTTC and Plusnet forecast December 2011, BT still say March 2012. Then I look at the FTTC offering from Plusnet and hit by a big black no no - it says I have to take my voice phone service from Plusnet why why - I currently get it from BT and have the Callminder service that sends text messages to me when messages are left on Callminder.

Why do I have to swap from one part of BT to another part of BT for my phone service.
Moving ISP back to BT fills me with horror (based on my experience prior to 2004 when I moved over to Plusnet).

I get the problem reports from Plusnet and I read too many reports of problems related to the voice phone service. So why force me onto the voice serve.

Also

I am supposed to be getting the 21CN service installed this week, is there will there be a penalty if I them transfer onto the FTTC service after a short period, the 21CN migration is several weeks behind the original schedule.
Standard User cajef
(experienced) Mon 12-Dec-11 13:02:59
Print Post

Re: Why do I have to take PLusnet phone service with FTTC

[re: DRW] [link to this post]

You do not have to have the phone package if you do not want it, you can just have the Fibre broadband as a stand alone option.

http://www.plus.net/fibre-broadband/broadband/

PlusNet ADSL2+
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Standard User DRW
(committed) Mon 12-Dec-11 14:27:06
Print Post

[re: cajef] [link to this post]

Interesting the page I got directed to was a different page with the mandatory voice line issue
see
Fibre plus voice link

I see that in the without option I have to pay £50 installation
also I just noticed the link to Broadband without voice line - doh

Apologies for false alarm. Must have been the excitement of getting FTTC in the neighbourhood in the near future that caused me to not read the page correctly.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(committed) Mon 12-Dec-11 15:10:18
Print Post

[re: DRW] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DRW:
I read too many reports of problems related to the voice phone service

Huh? What problems? The only one I think I have ever seen was related to call lengths being rounded up.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
My Broadband Speed Test
Using OpenDNS
  Print Thread

Jump to