User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Jan-12 11:52:23
Print Post

For any plusnet rep

[link to this post]

Hi,
I seem to be having a problem logging a ticket on the website. Every time go through the broadband fault checker it asks for contact details and goes straight to a page saying the ticket has been logged - but I can't find any open tickets. So, as I can't find a way to give any detail for the call I thought I'd provide it here.

The account ID is thompsob and it is my parents internet connection.

They have had line problems for a couple of weeks. Last weekend it bricked the router and I had to replace it with another one (firmware bricked and couldn't be reloaded). Yesterday noticed they had a lot of audible noise on the line, got BT out and they fixed it. No noise now, quiet as a mouse.

However, latency has gone through the roof. The connection seems from what I can tell to be unstable (most nights it disconnects despite it now having a 15dB target noise margin). Connection at the moment is 4Mb but IP profile is 135Kb and the plusnet profile is 256Kb.

BT Speedtest result is :
Download speedachieved during the test was - 84 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4032 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

I also have TBB quality monitor on the line which can be seen via this link

As you can see a lot of dropped packets, high latency and not a good experience. The last half hour of that graph is plugged into the test socket.

Online gaming is impossible. Browsing is slow and hit and miss. Obviously streaming is out of the question. Could someone please have a look at this?

Thanks,
Ian.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 07:50:39
Print Post

Re: For any plusnet rep

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Quick update on this. I have been running routerstats and the router connection seems to be very stable at 3.8Mb with a noise margin between 13 and 15dB.

But, the profile hasn't changed since Friday. BT profile is 135Kb and the plusnet profile is .25 MB. I still can't tell if a ticket is open with plusnet despite going through the motions on the website. I think the poor ping responses on the TBB monitor are due to the line speed being so low that if anything is happening on the line there is no bandwidth left to respond to the pings.

If someone could have a quick look at this today I would be most grateful.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-12 08:49:26
Print Post

I've highlighted your request on the PN Community forum.

Dennisplusnet value & talkanytime My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 11:41:53
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Many thanks.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-12 11:55:00
Print Post

Hope it works wink

Dennisplusnet value & talkanytime My Broadband Speed Test
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 23-Jan-12 14:38:55
Print Post

Hi Ian72,

I've just checked the line and it's been stable for over 24 hours now, and the BT profile has gone up to 3000. I've set ours to match so your parents should see a speed increase very soon.

If that doesn't happen or the line becomes unstable again please let me know, though I suspect it should all be good from here on.

Please let us know if that's not the case.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 15:03:39
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Excellent, thanks Matt. Hopefully they will be happier now.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Jan-12 14:24:14
Print Post

Silly question but how do I log a simple ticket on the plusnet site? It used to be so easy but now you seem to have to go through a hundred different pages of questions.

My parents line had a funny connection event last Friday and even though the BT IP Profile has been at 3500Kbps since Sunday the Plusnet one is still 350Kbps (virtually unusable). All I want to do is log a quick ticket to ask for the plusnet limit to be released so that they can get their broadband back but all I seem to be able to do is log a full blown fault that then wants to do checks (and when I've done it in the past has not resulted in a call being logged).

Is there an easy way to do this?
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Tue 31-Jan-12 14:43:27
Print Post

I believe if you log in at http://contactus.plus.net (with your parents' details) and click any of the options given there there'll be a box on the right that says something like 'I want to raise a ticket to the support team' - if you click on that you should be able to do so without having to follow through a load of links.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Jan-12 14:53:11
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Thanks Matt. Wasn't quite how you said but I did find a way to do it in there - not as obvious as I think it could be.

Are you able to confirm how long it should take the plusnet profile to increase if it has dropped to 350Kbps and the BT profile has reset to 3500Kbps? It is over 48 hours now and it hasn't nudged at all (although hopefully now I've raised the call it may get sorted soon).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to