User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Wed 25-Jan-12 17:44:06
Print Post

Stuck profile?

[link to this post]

Could someone please chack ticket: 50709544

Seems as my ADSL2+ upgrade is complete as sync'd at 16,164 but my line speed in plusnet panel still says 6.5mb. Is the profile stuck?

Many thanks
ISP Representative mkelly
(isp) Wed 25-Jan-12 18:43:44
Print Post

Re: Stuck profile?

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Thats been sorted for you now.

Shout if you need us.

M

Best Regards

Mark Kelly
Business Services Manager
PlusNet PLC
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(experienced) Wed 25-Jan-12 18:59:29
Print Post

[re: mkelly] [link to this post]

Hi M

Thanks for that - It's now updated in the Control Panel to 20mb but still download speeds are 6.5mb. Also, the Bt Speedtester says it is unable to do a test on my line at this time.

would it be beneficial turning the Router off and then back on again? I heard that during the training period this helps but not to do it too often as it could cause a lower sync rate. Do you think this may help?

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Jan-12 19:14:39
Print Post

Yes incase the router has not resynced and got the new profile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 25-Jan-12 19:18:07
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

? smile
He said he is getting 16Mbps plus, which means the router has picker up on the ADSL2+. The IP Profile does not affect the router.

There should be no reason to re-sync. But! Stranger things have helped smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(experienced) Wed 25-Jan-12 19:31:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Restarted router and now sync'd at 14,904 and Speedtest.net reports 12.6 download so something must have worked!!
(experienced) Wed 25-Jan-12 19:37:50
Print Post

Everyting seems ok now - BT Speedtester now working and I'm getting 12.5meg down which is double what I received before today so I'm happy!!

Cheers all smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 25-Jan-12 20:17:32
Print Post

smile.
Could just be the Plusnet reset hadn't filtered through to where it matters. There is a bit of confusion about how their system works, as they often refer to "an imbalance" in the system, but haven't said where the rogue setting is.

I thought BT only held it at the BRAS, from sync information received there from the MSAN. Then there is the PLusnet Current line speed. Then according to what has been said by PN reps, even though those two may agree, there is a third point. Hmmm smile.

Not long ago it seemed that was the MSAN, but I have grave doubts about that.

From what you have just experienced, and from the fact PN always warn of some delay between their fixing the Current line speed and that fix having any effect, it begins to look as though that is (normally) set from the BT info feed to them, and then at some stage updates the PN mechanism that actually throttles to the Profile value the speed from them to the MSAN.

Whatever, as the youff used to say, try a reconnection during daylight, and with luck you will get the 16Mbps sync back, and a profile to go with it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(experienced) Wed 25-Jan-12 20:33:02
Print Post

hi roberto

I'll try another router reset before I goto bed. Would u recommend another in the morning if the 16meg isn't back?

thanks
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Jan-12 21:00:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
? smile
He said he is getting 16Mbps plus, which means the router has picker up on the ADSL2+. The IP Profile does not affect the router.

There should be no reason to re-sync. But! Stranger things have helped smile.

As you know I spent 3 years as a PN TSA... it helps more often than people seem to realise. Sometimes although workplace/portal show the same the router would still be on the old profile. I dealt with that more times than I care to remember..

Glad it's working now!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to