User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-12 11:05:25
Print Post

Upload Speed on ADSL2+

[link to this post]

I had my line upgraded to ADSL2+ this week and as you can see from my signature below, got a pretty decent increase from my previous 6Mbps.

The upload speed used to be 800Kbps but has now dropped to 400Kbps. Is there any way to get this increased?

plusnet My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Fri 27-Jan-12 11:15:43
Print Post

Re: Upload Speed on ADSL2+

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WelshWArrior:
The upload speed used to be 800Kbps but has now dropped to 400Kbps. Is there any way to get this increased?

Raise a ticket asking Plusnet to increase your upload speed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wagstaff

"Due to government cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off."
(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-12 11:24:01
Print Post

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply Wagstaff.

Is this free then? Also, I'm still in the 10-day training period as I just got upgraded to ADSL2+ so would increasing the upload speed during this time have a detrimental inpact on my sync speed?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Jan-12 11:53:15
Print Post

If you previously had an upload speed or 800kbps were you paying extra for Max Premium and, if so, has that charge been removed
On ADSL2+ uncapped upload speed is normally automatic on lines like yours but in this case, if the upgrade was done manually, it didn't happen.
There is no charge for this and it shouldn't affect your line given your high dowload speed
(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-12 12:03:35
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Hi Jim

Just opened a tickey (No: 51457214 incase any Plusnet Reps's are bored!!) asking to get the upload speed uncapped.

I didn't used to pay for the 800k upload on ordinary ADSL as it was something that was added temporarily during troubleshooting of my line 2 years ago and was never removed again wink

Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Fri 27-Jan-12 12:08:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by WelshWArrior:
Is this free then? Also, I'm still in the 10-day training period as I just got upgraded to ADSL2+ so would increasing the upload speed during this time have a detrimental inpact on my sync speed?

The applied increase won't cost you a thing.

Plusnet will tell you that uncapping your upload will have a detrimental effect on your download speed, but ignore that - I certainly haven't noticed a difference.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wagstaff

"Due to government cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off."
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Jan-12 12:15:59
Print Post

The actual wording - if I remember correctly - is may affect download speeds. But as I said in my previous post given the download speed achieved it is unlikely. It is definitely possible on lines with a higher attenuation
(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-12 12:16:23
Print Post

Thanks for the info guys - ticket opened so fingers crossed it won't affect my 10-day training period (or what's left of it!!).

Seem to be constantly sync'd at 15,026ish now so should be fine.

(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-12 12:20:56
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

My current attenuation is 29.5 (actually down slightly from ADSL at 31) so should this be ok?

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Jan-12 12:28:16
Print Post

The training period is largely irrelevant in your case. The DLM control of the line starts at Minute 1 and runs for ever. All the 10-day period does is set the MSR and FTR, and these days even breaching the FTR later doesn't always get a satisfactory reponse. (Not criticising Plusnet there, talking about BT Wholesale "their suppliers" tongue).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to