User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User eddie1150
(regular) Fri 27-Jan-12 18:31:32
Print Post

Thinking of joining?

[link to this post]

I did email support the other night, and whilst they replied really quickly at first, I had another few questions and they sidnt reply.
So I'll paste the email I sent on here,,,
What is the process for transferring my fttc connection?
Also I note from the forums and news that you will be allowing people
to trial the new 80/20 speeds, I'm pretty close to my vabinet so this
is something that appeals to me. Would I be able to transfer my fttc
to yourselves and be placed on the 80/20 product?
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Jan-12 21:50:34
Print Post

Re: Thinking of joining?

[re: eddie1150] [link to this post]

I'm sure one of the reps will give you the info you want but you may have to wait to Monday for a reply.

Dennisplusnet value & talkanytime My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Jan-12 12:56:42
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Hope I wasn't too optimistic wink

Dennis plusnet value & talkanytime My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 30-Jan-12 15:06:53
Print Post

Hi there,

The process for migrating Fibre is the same as for ADSL - just get a MAC from your existing provider and sign up to us using the MAC and selecting fibre as the connection type.

Once your account's been created and activated on our side you'll be able to sign up to the community forums and register your interest in the 80/20 trial there, if you are eligible we'll get it sorted for you smile

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User eddie1150
(regular) Mon 30-Jan-12 23:00:21
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi there,

The process for migrating Fibre is the same as for ADSL - just get a MAC from your existing provider and sign up to us using the MAC and selecting fibre as the connection type.

Once your account's been created and activated on our side you'll be able to sign up to the community forums and register your interest in the 80/20 trial there, if you are eligible we'll get it sorted for you smile

Thanks
Just out of interest what is the elegebility criteria?
It may be a few months as I'm still in contract for 2 months!
Will it be rolled out in the main stream by then?
(isp) Tue 31-Jan-12 09:05:46
Print Post

The only eligibility criteria is whether FTTP is available in your area or not, though I'm afraid I don't know when it'll be rolled out to wider areas... I'll try and get some information on that for you though.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 31-Jan-12 09:14:11
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
The only eligibility criteria is whether FTTP is available in your area or not, though I'm afraid I don't know when it'll be rolled out to wider areas... I'll try and get some information on that for you though.
?
More coffee needed Matthew? smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(isp) Tue 31-Jan-12 10:28:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yep, evidently so... just finished a cup so I can now think straight - and apologise for the above. Sorry about that blush

@eddie1150 - As per http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/01/24/plusnet-fi... the couple of months will see you through to when the trial is available to all customers (that should be happening soon), and by the look of it you'll already be on one of the required FTTC products stated. There'll be further details posted about registering for the trial on our community site shortly.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
  Print Thread

Jump to