User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Footys
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-12 08:53:59
Print Post

Problem with plusnet account after switching to Tiscali LLU

[link to this post]

Hi

If there are any plusnet reps around reading this I would appreciate it if they could look into it for me?

I have just recently completed a switch from plusnet to Tiscali LLU. I informed plusnet of this and asked what payments would be due on my account when I cancelled and they said £40 for a router which was fine. Anyway, I loggged in to my plusnet account after my switch and saw a message saying my payment method had been removed from my account. The next day I logged in again and saw a message saying that they were unable to take payment for my monthly subs because no payment method is on my account and I now owe £22.99. I raised a ticket about the £40 money for the router and how I`m supposed to pay it a few days ago and have received no reply. Have they charged me an extra months subs even though i`ve canceleed? and why removed payment methods if I still owe them money? It all seems a bit cack handed to me - if anyone has any insights I`d be pleased to hear them.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Feb-12 11:00:38
Print Post

Re: Problem with plusnet account after switching to TalkTalk

[re: Footys] [link to this post]

Did you cancel your direct debit instruction at the bank?

How have you moved to Tiscali LLU? There doesn't even seem to be a website for them now.

In effect they don't exist. TalkTalk bought them and you will have migrated to TalkTalk. Though there is a minor technicality, in that if one digs deep enough TalkTalk is a trading name of Tiscali UK Limited, which is a private company owned (IIRC) by TalkTalk Group.

(Edit - just found this:- "My move from plusnet adsl to talktalk llu has just completed". Subject changed).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 13-Feb-12 11:03:31)

Standard User Footys
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-12 11:14:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sorry my bad - I meant Talktalk!

I didnt cancel anything as far as plusnet goes because I knew that I still owed them for the router etc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Feb-12 11:39:51
Print Post

frown

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 13-Feb-12 13:22:04
Print Post

Hi Footys,

We'd need to take the outstanding £40 from a credit or debit card if you could add details to the account, though please hold off on that for the moment as we need to get the current outstanding invoice removed first.

Once that's done and the payment is taken I'll make sure the account is downgraded to a free one and then it'd be best to add direct debit details so we can pay you the referral credit that way (though if you wait until it's a free account before adding the DD then you can be sure there'll be no more invoice payment requests made smile )

I'll post back when the invoice is gone and we'll take it from there.

EDIT: The invoice is now removed so if you could add card details and let me know when it's done I'll get the payment taken and downgrade the account, assuming you're happy to go ahead with things as above?

Please let me know, thanks.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support

Edited by orbrey (Mon 13-Feb-12 13:26:25)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Footys
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-12 09:28:15
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Hi Orbrey

I am quite happy with what you suggest but every time I try and add my card to the account I just get an error message.

Any ideas?
(isp) Tue 14-Feb-12 10:52:36
Print Post

Hmm, odd one. Is there a good time to give you a call today and sort it out over the phone? That might be easier, we can get the payment sorted and look at the problem with the card as well if that's okay.

Please let me know, cheers,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Footys
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-12 12:08:51
Print Post

Hi there - I am away until Thursday but will call then to get it sorted out. Have checked with my bank and there is no problem with my card but when I try to add it to my account it tells me there is a problem authorising it?

Andrew
Standard User Footys
(experienced) Wed 14-Mar-12 17:06:21
Print Post

Hi Orbery

I am still getting emails saying that payment of £17.99 has failed for the account - I am reluctant to add my credit card details to my now cancelled acount in case a subscription charge is taken. As I understand I only owe for the router - can you please confirm that this is the case?

Andrew
(isp) Thu 15-Mar-12 14:27:08
Print Post

Hi there,

Sorry to say the account's not actually cancelled yet, which will be why it's still trying to charge you. We can sort that out, but did you call up on the Thursday as per your previous post to sort out the fees? If not that may be why, and we need to get payment details and sort that fee out before closing the account.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to