User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RFisher33
(newbie) Thu 12-Apr-12 08:02:11
Print Post

80/20 on Plusnet? When?

[link to this post]

As BT have rolled it out today to new customers, when are we likely to see it on Plusnet? I get FTTC installed next week but don't want to sign up to 18 months of slower broadband when I know that new customers on BT are getting 80/20 for no extra cost.

Are any Plusnet reps able to answer this?
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 12-Apr-12 08:39:42
Print Post

Re: 80/20 on Plusnet? When?

[re: RFisher33] [link to this post]

At the moment we've got no set dates for rolling out an 80/20 product, when we do we'll make an announcement.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Apr-12 10:11:20
Print Post

[re: RFisher33] [link to this post]

The smart money is on the end of May. They usually refresh the product range sometime during April/May and if you go to www.plus.net the current half price offer has a "Hurry! ends 29th May" flash added which is a strange date as it's neither the end of the month or of the week. That is until you remember that they always roll out changes in the early hours of Wednesday morning and 29th May is a Tuesday.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 12-Apr-12 13:40:04
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Now that looks like the notes of a first-class stalker tongue smile !

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Apr-12 14:25:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Nah!

I was reading http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5164-bt-retail-bo... which links to that page when I spotted the error.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Thu 12-Apr-12 20:10:29
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Right now I don't even get 8 never mind 80! Have tried to find the price without much success but it looks £40 ish per month including line rental.

I used to pay £35pm for 512 k not that long ago including line rental and no inclusive phone calls.

As a "phone" line is an essential part of broadband it would be nice to see all inclusive prices quoted - and probably still with the silly £1 extra for CLI.........

Meldrew
Standard User Al1264
(newbie) Thu 12-Apr-12 20:18:54
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

Agree about the £1 extra for CLI (which I consider a basic essential of a telephone service nowadays).
Regarding availabilty of 80/20 on Plusnet you can still sign up to the trial, it is not closed yet so, for the time being, you get 80/20 without extra cost smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 12-Apr-12 23:53:11
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by meldrew:
As a "phone" line is an essential part of broadband it would be nice to see all inclusive prices quoted - and probably still with the silly £1 extra for CLI.........
What about the many who don't want to take a bundle? Other CPs' rentals + call charges + options can be far cheaper.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Print Thread

Jump to