User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(learned) Wed 18-Apr-12 13:17:10
Print Post

Plusnet Router

[link to this post]

Is the router worth getting from plusnet, or shall i just buy my own, i was gonna get the router i was using before which is a speedtouch 585 v6, how does the router that plusnet supply compare to that one, plus the benefit of the speedtouch is you can tweak the SNR.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 18-Apr-12 14:17:35
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Router

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Not sure if it'll change things, but we now send out the Thomson TG582n.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User tomxlisa
(learned) Wed 18-Apr-12 14:21:41
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Yeah, was just wondering how that compares to the speedtouch one i mentioned, which one syncs up better, as different routers can sync higher than others, hopefully someone will have an answer for me?.

Edited by tomxlisa (Wed 18-Apr-12 14:22:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TechGuyUK
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-12 14:50:21
Print Post

Hi - they're simple and cheap - but usually work OK,

For the price of the postage, they are worth having even if it's just for diagnosing problems later so you can eliminate your own kit and use something they are familiar with...
Standard User tomxlisa
(learned) Thu 19-Apr-12 03:15:15
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Router *DELETED*

[re: TechGuyUK] [link to this post]

Post deleted by tomxlisa
Standard User LFa
(newbie) Thu 19-Apr-12 07:23:26
Print Post

[re: TechGuyUK] [link to this post]

It seems to work OK but the supplied documentation is very poor. I've downloaded a CD image (582n-cd-be-rip261011) from the Be website which has an instruction manual on it. I'd still like more advanced information though. Does anyone know where I could get it from? (Technicolor website is no help)
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Apr-12 09:18:03
Print Post

[re: LFa] [link to this post]

Is this of any use?

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Thu 19-Apr-12 17:04:51
Print Post

I would not bother. If you take the cheap router you will be tied into a contract - Supply your own and no broadband tie-in.

Support - http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9499/supportne.jpg
Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Thu 19-Apr-12 17:36:47
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m0aur:
I would not bother. If you take the cheap router you will be tied into a contract - Supply your own and no broadband tie-in.

That isn't how it works. I won't bore you with the details but it's all on Plusnet's website.

Edit: Ok, I will bore you with the details:

Standard broadband - 12 month contract: Choose a wired or wireless router (P&P £4.99). If you decide to leave in the first 12 months we'll ask you to pay back the cost of the router (£20 and £40 respectivley).
Standard broadband - No annual contract: You pay for your router up front, meaning you have the freedom to leave at anytime with just 10 days notice. A wired router costs £20 and a wireless router costs £40.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS

Edited by kasg (Thu 19-Apr-12 17:41:28)

Standard User m0aur
(committed) Thu 19-Apr-12 18:41:01
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
In reply to a post by m0aur:

That isn't how it works. I won't bore you with the details but it's all on Plusnet's website.

Edit: Ok, I will bore you with the details:

Standard broadband - 12 month contract: Choose a wired or wireless router (P&P £4.99). If you decide to leave in the first 12 months we'll ask you to pay back the cost of the router (£20 and £40 respectivley).
Standard broadband - No annual contract: You pay for your router up front, meaning you have the freedom to leave at anytime with just 10 days notice. A wired router costs £20 and a wireless router costs £40.

I can also bore you with details. If you take broadband extra and the phone service, along with supplying your own router, there is NO tie-in to either the broadband or phone service. This is what I did as a customer and glad I did after another service outage today.

Support - http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9499/supportne.jpg
Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to