User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Zipner
(newbie) Thu 10-May-12 15:43:02
Print Post

Data limits in FTTC

[link to this post]

I am not even three days in to my monthly billing cycle and we've used 13Gig of data! That's just my wife and I. I guess we are just going to have to pay extra this month. Yes of course we could cap our bill but you tell my wife she can't use iPlayer, there will be blood on the carpet! It hasn't been help by discovering Netflix. I can't wait for my 12 contract to end and move my account to a provider that offers unlimited data.

Thanks for listening to my moan!
Standard User Kiggs
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-May-12 15:55:59
Print Post

Re: Data limits in FTTC

[re: Zipner] [link to this post]

Our household consumes around 250GB a month and we haven't even upgraded to fibre yet! Most people will find that they need an unlimited plan when they upgrade to FTTC due to the enhanced Internet experience.
Standard User Zipner
(newbie) Thu 10-May-12 16:02:15
Print Post

[re: Kiggs] [link to this post]

Kiggs, if your family are getting through 250gigs on plain old copper uncapped NOT go with PlusNet for your FTTC connection. You will be badly out of pocket. It appears that with increased speed comes increased data usage. The idea of actually watch a TV programme live on a TV is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. Today it is about watching what you want, when you want.

Edited by Zipner (Thu 10-May-12 16:07:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kiggs
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-May-12 16:06:36
Print Post

We always go with unlimited, we're with Sky ADSL right now so will move to Sky FTTC in due course. I'd advise you look into Sky or BT's unlimited FTTC packages when your contract is up.

Edited by Kiggs (Thu 10-May-12 16:06:47)

Standard User Zipner
(newbie) Thu 10-May-12 16:10:18
Print Post

[re: Kiggs] [link to this post]

Don't worry I will be moving ASAP! At the moment it appears that BT are the only provider in my area that will do uncapped data FTTC. I believe it costs £30 per month and that includes free anytime calls. Doesn't sound too bad to me.
Standard User Kiggs
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-May-12 16:13:05
Print Post

Just watch out for peak time throttling of P2P with BT, otherwise you should be sorted!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 11-May-12 00:16:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zipner:
I can't wait for my 12 contract to end and move my account to a provider that offers unlimited data.

Thanks for listening to my moan!
How long have you been on Plusnet FTTC? It's an 18-month contract.

Where were you before?

I don't know Netflix, though of course I've heard of it. Is that download or streaming? If it's download schedule it into overnight which is unlimited.

Anyway? Three days >> 13GB. Thirty days >> 130GB. Thirty-one >> 134GB. Extra Fibre is 120GB peak-time allowance, so you should be able to avoid paying extra.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Print Thread

Jump to