User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 11-Jul-12 13:02:15
Print Post

Re: Usual Chaos

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
As I said, Broadband and phone charges are usually detailed in one bill, so I cannot see any reason on earth outside a chaotic system to charge me 63p for a couple of calls by direct debit when I am already £9 in credit due to Broadband overpayment.

How a billing system is produced has no bearing on how transactions occur. Billing systems will show transactions for several systems, but the transactions themselves might occur on seperate systems. The calls and broadband systems are seperate.

You may see it as chaotic, but Plusnet have bolted several systems together over the years as their product base has expanded. It's not that chaotic that I can't spot a billing anomaly.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 11-Jul-12 13:15:46
Print Post

As I said, Broadband and phone charges are usually detailed in one bill, so I cannot see any reason on earth outside a chaotic system to charge me 63p for a couple of calls by direct debit when I am already £9 in credit due to Broadband overpayment.

You've had goodness knows how many explanations already, but the 63p is a regular charge through the normal billing system and the £9 refund is an exceptional item due to the termination of your service. I would fully expect them to be handled separately by most companies and it certainly would not be worthwhile for Plusnet to manually combine them. It makes absolutely no material difference to you, Plusnet has charged you correctly, yet still you come on here to start a Plusnet-bashing thread. Groan.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Jul-12 14:38:45
Print Post

The refund will appear in your bank account soon, this may take up to 14 days.

Just be thankful it's not HMRC that owe you money!

They can take months to process a refund.

Dennis
plusnet value & talkanytime

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(member) Wed 11-Jul-12 15:09:29
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

You've had goodness knows how many explanations already, but the 63p is a regular charge through the normal billing system and the £9 refund is an exceptional item due to the termination of your service. I would fully expect them to be handled separately by most companies and it certainly would not be worthwhile for Plusnet to manually combine them. It makes absolutely no material difference to you, Plusnet has charged you correctly, yet still you come on here to start a Plusnet-bashing thread. Groan.

The 63p charge as far as I know is for calls between my last bill and when my line was transferred. I cannot see the £9 refund is any way an exceptional item, it is for a couple of weeks broadband that I paid for and did not use.
You have had goodness knows how many explanations from me, that phone AND Brooadband charges are detailed within the same bill regardless of being a plus or minus amount, and I don't see why the final bill should be any different in a decently run system, so you are as stupid as you consider me.
As for your so called Plusnet bashing, I treat all suppliers the same in that I speak as I find, it is not my fault they are no better than most and well short of the claims within their silly adverts.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-12 15:18:46
Print Post

Charges for calls can take a time to reach the ISP, so to be safe Plusnet would probably have to wait a couple of weeks before issuing a consolidated final statement and then it would take up to two more weeks for the refund to reach you.

So you are saying you'd prefer to wait a month for your £8.37 refund rather than get the £9 refund in a more timely manner with a separate bill for the last few calls?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 11-Jul-12 15:19:52
Print Post

I wish your new supplier every success in its relationship with you.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User professor973
(member) Wed 11-Jul-12 15:31:21
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

So you are saying you'd prefer to wait a month for your £8.37 refund rather than get the £9 refund in a more timely manner with a separate bill for the last few calls?

Were you lucky enough to be born stupid, or did you have to study?
It has been stated that a £9 refund CAN take up to 14 days, so why are you stating that I think one of £8.37 should take a month?
As I stated in the first post, I just knew the morons would have to turn it into WW3.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by professor973 (Wed 11-Jul-12 15:32:29)

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Wed 11-Jul-12 15:34:27
Print Post

Personally, it wouldn't really bother me how many bills Plusnet generate, as long as the end figures are correct.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 11-Jul-12 15:37:34
Print Post

As I stated in the first post, I just knew the morons would have to turn it into WW3.

I really don't think the insult is warranted, and I don't understand how this has turned into WW3?

You paid your bill, we owe you £9 as you left prior to the end of that billed period. We're refunding that. During the period of cancellation you accumulated some call charges, we're requesting that payment.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 11-Jul-12 15:50:54
Print Post

In other words, you knew you were being deliberately provocative by making something out of nothing. Pot, kettle, etc.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to