User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(member) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:05:52
Print Post

Re: Usual Chaos

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

I really don't think the insult is warranted, and I don't understand how this has turned into WW3?

You paid your bill, we owe you £9 as you left prior to the end of that billed period. We're refunding that. During the period of cancellation you accumulated some call charges, we're requesting that payment.

As per usual with Plusnet, you still have not explained why the few pence for calls could not be taken from the credit I have. It seems like bill layout and email addresses, just another odd way of doing things

My Broadband Speed Test
(member) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:06:23
Print Post

Re: Usual Chaos *DELETED*

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:07:13
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I will count to ten, but if another post is like that then you are suspended.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:08:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
I will count to ten, but if another post is like that then you are suspended.

Please yourself, I will not miss the moronic element.

My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:09:15
Print Post

Does it matter?
At the end of the day so long as the amounts are correct?

Seen plenty of odd billing issues from many providers over the years. e.g. Zen if you are in credit issue a credit note, that you have to manually apply to get paid back to you.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:09:15
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
and I don't understand how this has turned into WW3?

...because the OP wants to make statements without opposing points of view, so now he's anticipating them. smile

The "You're all wrong" method doesn't work generally. Be ready for a final final thread on how the denominations of the payment were wrong (yes, I know it's DD; it's a joke).

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:20:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
It has been stated that a £9 refund CAN take up to 14 days, so why are you stating that I think one of £8.37 should take a month?
I note how you deliberately omitted quoting the part of my post which answers your question (presumably in your quest to be as awkward as possible). I'll quote the relevant part:
In reply to a post by jelv:
Charges for calls can take a time to reach the ISP, so to be safe Plusnet would probably have to wait a couple of weeks before issuing a consolidated final statement and then it would take up to two more weeks for the refund to reach you.
I'll spell it out: At the moment Plusnet initiate the refund before they have received all the data for the last few phone calls. If they were to issue only a final statement with a single refund or charge they would have to wait a significant period before they could be sure all the data had been received - I suggested a couple of weeks (but that may not be enough). Only then could they start the process of issuing the refund which would take up to a further two weeks (10 working days).

Now I don't know what they taught you when you were at school, but I learnt that two weeks plus two weeks was as near as dammit a month!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:22:47
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

A bit of whimsy on my part perhaps but I do wish posters could see the value of a one handed hand clap.

Now, what was that old saying? Don't arrange meals on wheels for the little folks who live under the bridge...or some such.smile

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:23:53
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

Point taken.

/huff

smile

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-12 16:54:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ought to try cancelling a Halifax credit card... I have one that I have tried cancelling 4 times but it was a cash back card that has 23p cashback on it. It is kind of difficult to use up the credit (partly because it is a tiny amount and partly because you spend on the card which gives cash back which at the end of the year turns into credit).

So, you ring them, cancel the card that is in CREDIT. And then 6 months later get a bill saying you must pay them - the amount to be paid is £0 because I'm in credit!

Have to say, I would take Plusnet's management of bills from this thread over the management of the credit card that I cannot seem to cancel no matter how often I try!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to