User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(member) Wed 18-Jul-12 12:45:59
Print Post

Re: Usual Chaos

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
It's possible that BT Wholesale have failed to inform Plusnet that your migration away has happened hence the Plusnet systems think you are still one of their users.

The Broadband element of my account has long gone on my account page. Possibly some connection between the left and right hand is needed.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 18-Jul-12 16:54:28
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Unfortunately in this case it was an error on our part, however one of the billing team has picked up on this already and credited off the 63p so it's all sorted out now - I should probably add that this was done earlier today without any sort of intervention from ourselves.

I'm sorry about the ticket though, that's being addressed.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(member) Wed 18-Jul-12 17:16:34
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Unfortunately in this case it was an error on our part, however one of the billing team has picked up on this already and credited off the 63p so it's all sorted out now - I should probably add that this was done earlier today without any sort of intervention from ourselves.

I'm sorry about the ticket though, that's being addressed.

Thanks for your reply Matthew. I did in the end phone the requested number, though it was only to tell some unlucky soul they could whistle for anything deemed outstanding, so it may have been my intervention.
It has been one very bumpy ride for me. You may remember being a help to me last year when switching to PN resulted in me being connected to another persons line and number, with switching back losing BB for a week.
Keep up your good work, as I am not sure where PN would be without the likes of you that venture here and give good service.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jul-12 17:27:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
so as my account was cleared I stopped my direct debits. Imagine my anger at receiving this email this morning, bearing in ming they still owe me £9 for overpaid broadband.
Very foolish cancelling DD while you are owed money. How earth did you think they were going to get it to you?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
(member) Wed 18-Jul-12 17:50:55
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Very foolish cancelling DD while you are owed money. How earth did you think they were going to get it to you?

Possibly I am wrong, after all I have been told I am often enough here, but as far as I know, a Direct Debit is only needed to remove money from an account, not to put money in. I am not worried if I never see the £9, I am not that strapped for cash.
From fsa.gov.uk:-
A direct debit is an arrangement where you give a company or individual (known as the ‘originator’) permission to take money regularly from your account.

Under the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme, the originator must tell you in advance if there is a change in the amount or date of the payment. You are guaranteed a full and immediate refund if the originator or your bank, makes an error.

You can cancel a direct debit by writing to your bank or using your internet or telephone banking service. It is a good idea to also notify the originator.

Edited by professor973 (Wed 18-Jul-12 17:52:55)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jul-12 18:34:58
Print Post

Taking money from your a/c includes taking negative amounts grin

Which will occur when they took too much in the 1st place for whatever reason; error or, as in your case, advance estimated payments ("You are guaranteed a full and immediate refund if the originator or your bank, makes an error").

I am currently expecting 2 refunds of my fuel bills from British Gas on leaving them having paid more by DD than fuel costs consumed. I expect them to be paid on my usual DD date and shall not cancel the DD until I see the amounts credited to my bank.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 18-Jul-12 19:20:25
Print Post

Refunds of amounts taken by d/d seem normally, (every ISP I have seen and also non-broadband companies), to be done via the d/d system, not via BACS.

The same with credit card debits that require a refund.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(member) Wed 18-Jul-12 19:42:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Refunds of amounts taken by d/d seem normally, (every ISP I have seen and also non-broadband companies), to be done via the d/d system, not via BACS.

The same with credit card debits that require a refund.

Quite possibly, but the amount is still marked on my PN account as a credit note, which is usually something that needs to be claimed or deducted off the next bill. That is probably why there is no sign of it moving along. This is no surprise as PN accounts seemed to think they are still supplying Broadband. But no worry, I will happily wave the few bounds goodbye just to finally get away from such organized confusion.

(member) Sun 22-Jul-12 15:37:43
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Like this:- http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4864/refundeb.jpg As I said, a Direct Debit mandate is not required to pay money into an account. Just the same as paying money into a bank, with authorisation only required for withdrawals. I look forward to your apology. {;— }

Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Sun 22-Jul-12 16:33:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:

Like this:- http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4864/refundeb.jpg As I said, a Direct Debit mandate is not required to pay money into an account. Just the same as paying money into a bank, with authorisation only required for withdrawals. I look forward to your apology. {;— }

The operative word there is the the DD mandate is not REQUIRED, it doesn't say anything about refunds not being paid back via the DD mandate in fact in case of a mistake they will be paid back via that system.

In fact what has most likely happened is that a repayment would have taken the details from the DD mandate ie sort code and acc number and BACS the money back to you all automatically via a repayment system.

By cancelling the DD mandate Plusnet have most likely been required to remove the bank details from their computer (data protection and FSA regs dpring to mind) or put them somewhere in a non active state and so the repayment computer doesn't know where the money is to go and so the repayment fails.

Of course now the repayment will now have to be handled manually by a back office staff mamber and that depends now on how busy they are and what system they have to manually process payments.

I agree with the fact that you need to keep DD tidy on your bank account but never cancel one while money is still being tallyed up.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to