User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jimbobalooba
(regular) Wed 18-Jul-12 13:14:42
Print Post

Moved in to rented flat - in need of advice pls

[link to this post]

Dear all,

I moved into a rented flat this weekend and found a message from the previous tenants offering me to take over the talktalk broadband. I phoned them and asked them to cancel it as I would like to join Plusnet. They mentioned the service did not work for the first month and I noticed the face plate is off the master socket with the filter connected to the test socket.

The house appears to have two BT master sockets. An active Talktalk line (BT wholesale checker reports not a BT line) in the sitting room and an inactive master socket in the interior hall.

If you were in my situation how would you proceed with ordering broadband with Plusnet?

Many thanks,
Jim
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jul-12 13:22:49
Print Post

Re: Moved in to rented flat - in need of advice pls

[re: Jimbobalooba] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jimbobalooba:
If you were in my situation how would you proceed with ordering broadband with Plusnet?

I'd place an order with Plusnet for line rental + broadband.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Wed 18-Jul-12 13:23:27)

ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Wed 18-Jul-12 15:08:49
Print Post

Hi Jim,

I'd say your best bet is to check the status of your line at http://www.plus.net just enter your phone number. Your not signing up or anything at that stage, it will just help you see your options available.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jimbobalooba
(regular) Wed 18-Jul-12 15:49:36
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

Dear Chris,

So even though the phone number is registered with the previous tenant I can still use the number to sign up for my own broadband and phone package with Plusnet?

Checker says Price, Speed and what's next:

We'll collect the details needed to place your order.

Switching your phone service will take 2-3 weeks. Your broadband will then be activated, this usually happens on the same day.

You'll need a new home phone number. Why do I need a new number? We always try to keep your current phone number if we can.
Sometimes it's not possible to transfer a home phone number to a new provider:
- If you have a cable service
- If you have a different non-BT telephone service

Your current broadband and phone service should carry on working until the switch is completed.

Many thanks,
Jim
(isp) Wed 18-Jul-12 16:48:06
Print Post

Hi Jim,

Yes you could sign up with that number even if it is registered under the previous tenant, that number gives us the information we need, i.e. address and if we can provide a line. This would then be registered to you.

Regards

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 18-Jul-12 19:22:33
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

?
Will it show up in your checker if it is TT LLU? It won't appear in the BT Wholesale checker.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(isp) Thu 19-Jul-12 13:17:34
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi RobertoS,

We do have a tool that gives us access to see what tags are on the line, but this would be the only information we would be able to get if it is with a LLU provider.

Regards,

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
  Print Thread

Jump to