User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User steviepat
(newbie) Tue 24-Jul-12 17:11:43
Print Post

Move to Fibre Broadband

[link to this post]

Just thought I would post my positive experience in moving to fibre with Plusnet (I was an existing customer). Engineer was booked between 8am-1pm window and called around 10:30am to inform me my phone would be disconnected shortly. Then turned up at the house around 20 minutes later to fit the new master socket. That only took about 15 minutes then he confirmed download speed should be around 40mb as expected.

15 minutes later I was up and running with the self install router. Good comms, no hassle and minimal downtime. Don't think I could really have expected any better.

Speed test on wired connection was hitting 35/36mb down and 1.6mb up. Had an issue with my wireless connection as it was only 19mb, but swapped the adapter out for a wireless N version and consistently hitting 32mb +.

Credit where credit is due smile

It isn't broke it's a feature of the software......
Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Tue 24-Jul-12 22:50:48
Print Post

Re: Move to Fibre Broadband

[re: steviepat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by steviepat:
15 minutes later I was up and running with the self install router. Good comms, no hassle and minimal downtime. Don't think I could really have expected any better.

When you say a "self-installed router", are you talking about a special "fibre" router that Plusnet supplied earlier - one to which you can connect your existing network ?
Or did the engineer arrive with this special fibre router and test it on site?

Wagstaff

"To injustice belongs injustice."
Standard User steviepat
(newbie) Wed 25-Jul-12 10:51:12
Print Post

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

BT supply the fibre modem, and Plusnet supplied a new wireless router. So there are now 2 devices rather than the previous 1 (ie a Belkin wireless router I had previously which plugged into the faceplate through a splitter).

The engineer tested the fibre modem to ensure broadband was being provided and that the telephone was up and running again. The Plusnet branded router was plug and play - ethernet cable to the fibre modem.

Hope that helps.

It isn't broke it's a feature of the software......

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Wed 25-Jul-12 13:23:28
Print Post

[re: steviepat] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info.
I'm looking forward to the day when fibre arrives in town.

Wagstaff

"To injustice belongs injustice."
  Print Thread

Jump to