User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 21-Aug-12 13:41:50
Print Post

Exchange market designation

[link to this post]

I am a long term PlusNet customer whose exchange was originally correctly designated as a market 1 exchange because we only had BT as a supplier.

However, we have has TalkTalk LLU available for over a year now and as one of the winners of the Race to Infinity are in the process of having FTTC installed (but not on my line yet).

So does anyone know what the process is for getting the designation of an exchange changed when circumstances now suggest that we should be a market 2 exchange rather than market 1?

David

plusnet Broadband Extra customer
DrayTek Vigor 2800VG
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 21-Aug-12 14:08:05
Print Post

Re: Exchange market designation

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Market Classification is determined by OfCom, now and then. I believe the latest is Dec 2010. It does say it takes account of 700 forecast TT additions.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 21-Aug-12 14:24:15
Print Post

Re: Exchange market designation

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

For what it's worth, my exchange had TalkTalk (CPW) on its exchange for a while, but not in my part of the exchange. However, it did make my exchange qualify for Market 2, and when the Mkt 2 re-classification by Plusnet to Mkt 3 prices occurred, it meant I got Mkt 3 pricing, although I could only get broadband via BTw.

Since the classification is merely an administrative issue, one wonders if Plusnet can ask BTw to get Ofcom to re-classify the exchange. IMHO they should be reclassified as the parameters are met.

/stirs the argument a little. smile

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to