User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zackary
(learned) Sun 26-Aug-12 15:51:15
Print Post

Moving from LLU - Any charges?

[link to this post]

I'm a potential new Plusnter FTTC customer, and would be moving from O2 LLU. I've read in 2 places now that there is a charge for this, but I'm unsure how accurate that is as I haven't seen it mentioned on the PN website. Would someone clarify this for me please?

Also is there likely to be any issues moving from LLU, and keeping my existing number? I've read so many horror stories now about OpenReach messing transfers up so it does make me a bit nervous.

Thanks.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:08:30
Print Post

Re: Moving from LLU - Any charges?

[re: Zackary] [link to this post]

Are you talking about moving your phone line as well from O2, and which Plusnet FTTC product?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:09:20
Print Post

If you take phone plus fibre there isn't a charge from Plusnet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zackary
(learned) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:10:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Are you talking about moving your phone line as well from O2, and which Plusnet FTTC product?

I don't yet know if I'll move my line or not. I know that the FTTC connection fee is waived if I move my line, but I'm specifically asking if there is a separate charge because I'm moving from LLU. If I use Plusnet I'll go for the Plusnet Extra option.
Standard User Zackary
(learned) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:11:50
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:

I understand that, but I'm asking if the fact I'm moving from LLU would incur an extra charge, as has been suggested elsewhere.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:27:16
Print Post

There is no special charge for moving from O2 LLU. I don't think there is from any LLU.

Both O2 phone and Plusnet phone are "Wholesale Line Rental" from Openreach. The O2 one is not LLU even though your broadband is. That may be where the charging confusion about LLU arises. It should be a simple billing change like when/if you change your electricity supplier.

Plusnet Fibre and Phone bundles currently have free installation, see this page. Plusnet Fibre has a £50 installation charge if you don't take Plusnet phone.

I'm not actually sure if you fully understood my original question, as I assumed you have your line rental with O2, without asking if I was correct. Do you?

Because if it is with O2, unless things have changed you have to move it away within a short period after migrating the broadband away. So you may as well put it with PN to avoid the fibre installation charge.

It's also worth looking at the Quidco and TopCashBack cashback sites and seeing what is there for Plusnet. If you decide to go ahead, make sure you either clear cookies before going in to order through the cashback site, or us a different browser that has never been used to look at Plusnet. (Some people keep a browser especially for cashback sites, so they can happily clear cookies without losing the ones they find useful in the normal browser).

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:28:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zackary:
In reply to a post by Oldjim:
I understand that, but I'm asking if the fact I'm moving from LLU would incur an extra charge, as has been suggested elsewhere.
Where have you seen this? There is an awful lot of misinformation floating about on the web, and it would be helpful to know whwre that has come from.

Standard User Zackary
(learned) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:41:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, I currently have my line with BT, and broadband with O2 LLU. Whether I move my line to Plusnet or not will probably depend how long it is before FTTC is available, as I am in a 12 month contract with BT so don't want to pay for line rental twice (for more than 1 or 2 months anyway). Obviously getting the 50GBP waived will also have a large bearing on things.

I cannot remember where I found that info about LLU charges, as it was just part of a Google search on both occasions. I do take these things with a pinch of salt though, hence asking here (a place I trust!) how true it is. I'm just pricing things up and weighing up all the pros and cons of which provider to go with.

Quidco and Topcashback are also coming into my calculations a little, although I have experienced them not paying up and it's a long time before getting that money, so that'll be more of a bonus rather than a reason to choose a particular company.
Standard User Chris
(member) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:48:51
Print Post

I was with BE for broadband and my phone with BT, on a 12 month contract as you are. I moved to FTTC with Plusnet 12 months ago, keeping my phone with BT, and was charged the connection fee only.
Standard User Zackary
(learned) Sun 26-Aug-12 16:53:23
Print Post

[re: Chris] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chris:
I was with BE for broadband and my phone with BT, on a 12 month contract as you are. I moved to FTTC with Plusnet 12 months ago, keeping my phone with BT, and was charged the connection fee only.

Thanks Chris. I assume you were on LLU with BE?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to