User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukste2020
(newbie) Thu 30-Aug-12 16:29:13
Print Post

Plusnet R the Best!

[link to this post]

Been moved to plusnet for 2 months now, What a great network!
Very friendly and helpful staff!

Highly Recomend them!
Standard User professor973
(committed) Thu 30-Aug-12 17:20:34
Print Post

Re: Plusnet R the Best!

[re: ukste2020] [link to this post]

What problems have you had?

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/68380009.png
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Aug-12 17:42:47
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Rather unobservant!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Thu 30-Aug-12 18:00:05
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Not at all!

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Fri 31-Aug-12 14:07:42
Print Post

You had a responce from the OP about PN here, prior to this post so your question is somewhat provocative it seems to me. It seems the OP same as your good self will not put up with poor service and is not shy to say so if the posts regarding BT are anything to go by.

Different strokes for different folks.........sort of gives a purpose to our forums don't you think?

Not everyone sees the world through your eyes.smile

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Fri 31-Aug-12 14:31:08
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sadoldman:
You had a responce from the OP about PN here, prior to this post so your question is somewhat provocative it seems to me. It seems the OP same as your good self will not put up with poor service and is not shy to say so if the posts regarding BT are anything to go by.

Different strokes for different folks.........sort of gives a purpose to our forums don't you think?

Not everyone sees the world through your eyes.smile

Not everyone sees the world through your power-crazed eyes. I had NOT linked the OP to the other post. Unlike some anoraks, I have better things to do than scrutinise every post in order to nitpick.
My post was not half as provocative as yours. Anyone with a grain of sense would realise why I was asking what problems he had. We all get the same down OpenReach copper, which makes ALL ISPs superb while things are running correctly. It's only after a problem that a fair appraisal can be given. Superb or otherwise. So how about you get off my back till I actually break the rules. If that request causes your usual banning Hissyfit, so be it.

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Fri 31-Aug-12 14:51:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
Not everyone sees the world through your power-crazed eyes. I had NOT linked the OP to the other post. Unlike some anoraks, I have better things to do than scrutinise every post in order to nitpick.
My post was not half as provocative as yours. Anyone with a grain of sense would realise why I was asking what problems he had. We all get the same down OpenReach copper, which makes ALL ISPs superb while things are running correctly. It's only after a problem that a fair appraisal can be given. Superb or otherwise. So how about you get off my back till I actually break the rules. If that request causes your usual banning Hissyfit, so be it.

Oh!

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 31-Aug-12 14:58:21
Print Post

I like your sig smile. Both lines of it.
Pity about your latency and jitter though.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/68760870.png

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-Aug-12 15:45:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Whilst I understand the sentiment the 100 miles difference the 2 of you have to the test server would most likely account for much of the ping change. It would only be fair to compare them on the same line with the 2 different providers to provide a close comparison. Perhaps professor has a similar result from when on Plusnet that would give that proper comparison?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 31-Aug-12 16:16:10
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

It's interesting that, smile. It had me wondering before I posted.

The thing is, I'm 11 miles south of the centre of Manchester. So over 100 miles to Milton Keynes. In fact considerably more than that, as if I'm right, I route through Manchester, so we have ~ 112 + 11 = 123, or 115 + 12, depending on which "crow's flight" estimate you get and add the distance to Dialstone House in Manchester.

So that 50 miles has to be more like the distance to where my IP address is registered, not where I am. But that's probably Shefffield, 92 crow miles from MK.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to