User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Oct-12 15:24:41
Print Post

Market 2 and 3 pricing - looking for people affected

[link to this post]

On behalf of a radio show likely to go out on Friday, so would be good to hear from people by Thursday morning.

They are looking for people who have only discovered about the price reductions/offers for Market 2 areas when contacting Plusnet about some other issue, or perhaps through a friend, or seeing others getting the discount on a forum (ours, Plusnet or anyone elses).

If you are affected, or you know somewho has been then email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com with Plusnet Markets in the subject line and a short synopsis. Then once I've got a collection I will summarise them and pass on email address to the journalist.

It is likely that they would email you, and then perhaps have a quick phone chat, before perhaps recording a few words.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User martinsq
(learned) Thu 11-Oct-12 02:47:23
Print Post

Re: Market 2 and 3 pricing - looking for people affected

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I am a Market 1 victim.
I would be happy to talk to them how Ofcom's stupid market classification has cost me (and many thousends others) lot of money.
All for nothing: no LLU came and now it never will !

As for PlusNet, my only gripe is that I have to periodically renegotiate my deal
to keep up with BT's offers. That's bit daft as their are owned by BT...
Regards,
Martin
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 11-Oct-12 08:55:49
Print Post

[re: martinsq] [link to this post]

Can you email me then

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Oct-12 10:16:55
Print Post

Is your exchange still Market 1 (that's the way it appeared from what you've said)?

If so yours isn't an example Andrew was after.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Bah_Humbug
(newbie) Thu 11-Oct-12 11:08:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I am on Bosham exchange, W. Sussex (Market 2). Have just spoken to PN, who were very helpful as usual. The Tech Service guy spoke to his boss. Official answer is "No comment at the moment". Matter is being dealt with by Matt on the Digital Team. Suggested that PN might like to make a psot on this forum
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 11-Oct-12 11:20:56
Print Post

[re: Bah_Humbug] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bah_Humbug:
Suggested that PN might like to make a psot on this forum
There's a long thread in August with PN participation.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.4/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Bah_Humbug
(newbie) Thu 11-Oct-12 15:08:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for that. Very interesting.
PLUSNET CUSTOMERS BE AWARE OF THIS. I have just spoken with Plusnet and they have given me a £5.75 discount for twelve months. This brings me down to the same price as that which is offered to new customers, namely £5.74 for Broadband Extra and £3.50 for Anytime calls (£4.00 from the end of the month). It is sad that one has to ask for the discount and that it is not given to existing customers automatically, but got there in the end. Thank you Plusnet.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 11-Oct-12 15:16:03
Print Post

[re: Bah_Humbug] [link to this post]

That means you were already on the *correct* Market 2 price of 11.49 for Extra prior to contacting us then?

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Oct-12 18:54:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by martinsq:
I would be happy to talk to them how Ofcom's stupid market classification has cost me (and many thousends others) lot of money.

If Ofcom de-regulated Market 1 exchanges you'd be paying more money, not less. BT Wholesale has no reason to keep their prices reasonable in areas where they have no competition.

Rather than blaming Ofcom, it's fairer to criticise O2, Talktalk and Sky for not considering your exchange economically viable. Competition is what drives prices down.

Oliver.
Standard User professor973
(committed) Fri 12-Oct-12 21:49:40
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by martinsq:

If Ofcom de-regulated Market 1 exchanges you'd be paying more money, not less. BT Wholesale has no reason to keep their prices reasonable in areas where they have no competition.

Rather than blaming Ofcom, it's fairer to criticise O2, Talktalk and Sky for not considering your exchange economically viable. Competition is what drives prices down.

Rubbish - TT unbundled our exchange a year ago and still Market 1.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/68380009.png
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to